The Maritimes Areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island

Nova Scotia Owners

Old 02-25-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah ok! well either way yours or not it should be in garage haha. Wouldn't the snow/ice build up ruin the canvas top?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My daily has been giving me a lot of grief the last few weeks... If the S didn't have a bad head gasket it likely would have gotten a set of snow tires and the daily would have gotten a trip to the scrap yard haha
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by herap1
Ah ok! well either way yours or not it should be in garage haha. Wouldn't the snow/ice build up ruin the canvas top?
I agree, that's why mines hidden away in a barn. I think if there was a huge buildup of ice, it may stress the top but it's always too windy there for anything to pile on top. But the top won't move until it's warm out. It's original from 2006, so clearly it can't be that bad!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by HotMess
Originally Posted by herap1' timestamp='1424902026' post='23519237
I agree, that's why mines hidden away in a barn. I think if there was a huge buildup of ice, it may stress the top but it's always too windy there for anything to pile on top. But the top won't move until it's warm out. It's original from 2006, so clearly it can't be that bad!
True, the wind would defiantly help keep the build up of ice and snow off the top. Hopefully we will see a sign of spring sooner rather then later
Old 02-26-2015, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by dave_
My daily has been giving me a lot of grief the last few weeks... If the S didn't have a bad head gasket it likely would have gotten a set of snow tires and the daily would have gotten a trip to the scrap yard haha

What do you drive for a daily? It must be bad to think about slapping snow tires to the S haha.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dave_' timestamp='1424914189' post='23519501

What do you drive for a daily? It must be bad to think about slapping snow tires to the S haha.

A forester that started out as a great car and has since snowballed into a disaster... The other option is to fix the oil leak and register the SRT4 that only saw the track last year... But I think I can get the next two months out of the forester, later next month I hope to have the S dug out and trailered over to your side of the pond to have Ben do some maintence/trouble shooting
Old 02-27-2015, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by herap1' timestamp='1424949535' post='23519861
[quote name='dave_' timestamp='1424914189' post='23519501']

A forester that started out as a great car and has since snowballed into a disaster... The other option is to fix the oil leak and register the SRT4 that only saw the track last year... But I think I can get the next two months out of the forester, later next month I hope to have the S dug out and trailered over to your side of the pond to have Ben do some maintence/trouble shooting
[/quote]

Ben is defiantly the guy, he is currently building me another engine for my boosted civic lol. Good luck with your forester..don't give up on it just yet. Subaru's are great winter cars I love my 95 Impreza as winter beater.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daily has been giving me a lot of grief the last few weeks...~
Mine too, had a bad coolant leak on the old car couple weeks ago, and now have an idler pulley making all kinds of noise. This will defiantly be the last season for this rig…
Old 03-01-2015, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by dave_' timestamp='1424998307' post='23520749
[quote name='herap1' timestamp='1424949535' post='23519861']

[/quote]

Ben is defiantly the guy, he is currently building me another engine for my boosted civic lol. Good luck with your forester..don't give up on it just yet. Subaru's are great winter cars I love my 95 Impreza as winter beater.
[/quote]

Subaru's can be hit or miss... I should have kept the last one I had... This one has cost 2-3x the price of the car in repairs haha it won't be the last one I own though... I want to upgrade to a 1/2 ton anyways for hauling duties... But I still require a fuel efficient spacious vehicle for work so I'm stuck in a hard spot...

What are you building for the civic this year? Even more power??
Old 03-01-2015, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by herap1' timestamp='1425037658' post='23521140
[quote name='dave_' timestamp='1424998307' post='23520749']
[quote name='herap1' timestamp='1424949535' post='23519861']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Subaru's can be hit or miss... I should have kept the last one I had... This one has cost 2-3x the price of the car in repairs haha it won't be the last one I own though... I want to upgrade to a 1/2 ton anyways for hauling duties... But I still require a fuel efficient spacious vehicle for work so I'm stuck in a hard spot...

What are you building for the civic this year? Even more power??
[/quote]

You are right, Subaru's can defiantly be a hit or miss depending on the history of the car. I lucked out with mine, it being from Japan it had low kms and well maintained. I have had it over 3 years with no major problems. I plan on bringing in a STI Forester this spring. Ya 1/2 tons are always great to have but not great of fuel for sure. Then again the Subaru's are not the best either lol...

I am actually just rebuilding my GSR again. It was boosted with close to 600whp for the past couple summer, unfortunately the engine was assembled incorrect which caused quite a bit of damage. Ben is trying to help me out the best he can to get it back on the road for me this year. My fault for not getting him to assemble it from the beginning

Quick Reply: Nova Scotia Owners