Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Anybody do business with j2k?

Old 01-11-2003, 08:40 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strike
[B]

That's what I was thinking.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

j2k, where are you?

Funny, how he is now M.I.A.

Oracle,

My local friend I hope he rears his head soon!

Old 01-11-2003, 11:05 PM

Jon have you received your rims yet? I would go ahead and file a fraud claim just in case. This is just to protect you.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:17 AM

No I haven't received my rims yet. Paypal got me $45 back
Old 01-12-2003, 07:47 AM

$45?
Old 01-12-2003, 08:35 AM

yeah paypal sucks
Old 01-12-2003, 10:57 AM

Sorry for my glib post earlier but it really does. Anyway, getting any closer to the truth, Jon? It may be time to ask the T.I.T.S. posse to get involved. How much cash are you out?
Old 01-12-2003, 12:42 PM

I'm out $599, I think that I will get T.I.T.S on this.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:32 AM

Here is an update on this saga. I have been quiet until now but I truly feel I have been ripped off in this deal. Slander is a serious matter and I will share only the facts with everyone in this community.

November 23, 2002 Jason K. aka J2k contacts me regarding the availability of some JDM wheels and used Hoosier tires. After a couple of PM's back and forth we strike a deal for $1,400.

November 27, 2002 I paypal the entire amount to Jason and it is received the same day.

A couple of weeks go by and no wheels or tires - keep in mind he is in LA and I am in the SF Bay Area. Max shipping time is 3 - 4 days for anything. I leave a couple of messages both at his home and cell with no response.

Another couple of weeks go by and I finally reach Jason. He claims that his roommate sent out the wheels already and he'll call me back with the tracking number. NO CALL BACK, NO RETURNED PHONE CALLS, NO TRACKING NUMBER.

I finally contact his roommate and ask him about the wheels. He says he knows nothing about it. He claims Jason never asked him to send out any wheels. Interesting?

At the end of December I contacted a member (jzr)of this board who knows Jason and asked him to help me get a hold of him. He responded with a link to this thread and told me he'd do his best to contact Jason.

This other member (jzr) and I attempted to contact Jason with no luck over the course of the next few weeks.

At the end of January this other member assures me that I will be hearing from Jason soon.

Another week goes by with no call and finally at the urging of a different member/friend Jason calls! The date is February 6th. I am littered with BS reasons for the "mistake" and he says that at check will be sent out right away. At this point I just want my money back because I have missed a couple of track days and some autocrosses.

Today is February 20th. Still no check. Still no returned phone calls. Here's the kicker:

I find out that the wheels have been sold and delivered to someone else last weekend! I still own those wheels!!!!! The unfortunate thing is they are sold to the original member who was trying to help me locate Jason. (inside job?)

The hard thing for me is that I know these people really well and I extended a tremedous amount of latitude in this transaction. I missed the paypal cutoff (30days) because I was assured the wheels were "on their way".... My credit card company is investigating but that will take another 60 - 75 days.

Heads up.
-Derek
Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 AM

that is one mistake on my part, I sent cash through paypal. I think its about time to call the local Police Deparment. $600 is alot of money, thats considered theft.

Quick Reply: Anybody do business with j2k?