Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Apexi AFC Neo with Plug-and-Play Harness - Unlock Free HP and Smooth Out Your Power Curve!

Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FS: Apexi AFC Neo with Plug-and-Play Harness - Unlock Free HP and Smooth Out Your Power Curve!

Name: Andy
Means of Contact: PM for cell # and PayPal info

Hey again S2Ki! Today I am selling my Apexi AFC Neo setup that I bought from another user in January of last year (2012). I used it as a method of lowering VTEC and leaning out the upper RPM's of my AP1 for STR autocross use, and it has served me well over the past year and a half. This unit gained me some real, useable mid-range HP and smooth out my power curve as shown below on my dyno results. Being able to lower the VTEC point is worth it alone. The power is so much more predictable and smooth; it particularly helps mid-corner when you're right on that VTEC edge.

The unit itself has a minor scratch on the surface that can't be seen when the screen is on. I have taken pictures specifically to show this below. I did put two strips of Velcro on the back of the unit to allow it to hook onto the side of my transmission tunnel (though I never really looked at it after tuning it). I also took a video stepping through the multiple screens to show functionality. The unit will come with a plug-and-play harness (I think it is a Frog harness, but could be the one direct from Apexi) and it will also come with the standard harness that came with the unit. Everything is pictured just as it will come to you.

The unit will come with my settings pre-loaded onto it, including my VTEC settings and tune settings. I would suggest that you reset the unit by going to the reinitialize page then setting up the unit for your car. I will be happy to help the buyer with any setup questions they may have.

I am asking $320 shipped to anywhere in the ConUS for everything shown. If you are outside the ConUS just PM me and we can figure out shipping charges to wherever you are.

Pictures:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwTiarLfL9k

Dyno Results:

This dyno shows my stock baseline pull (pink), my STR bolt-on pull without AFC Neo (blue) and my STR bolt-on pull with AFC Neo (red). My bolt-ons included K&N FIPK, PLM Header, Berk 70mm HFC, and Invidia Q300 dual exhaust. The Apexi Neo was used to lower the VTEC point to a modest 5,000 RPM and to lean out the AFR curve throughout the upper RPM range. Note that the power curve takes a much more linear shape in the mid-range with the AFC Neo installed. VTEC engages at a lower point in the RPM band, allowing power to be delivered more linearly and basically unlocking ~17 HP around 6-6.5k RPM and greatly increasing the area under the curve. Leaning out the upper RPM range a bit also allowed some additional top-end power to be unlocked while still staying in a safe operating AFR range.

Here is a video of one of the pulls during tuning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6iw_LViqKs

Here's my standard FS Thread shipping and payment information:

I will use USPS flat rate boxes wherever possible. They are affordable, offer tracking numbers, and ship extremely quickly (I've gotten things from CA to NC in two days). If USPS flat rate isn't possible, I will use UPS ground. I will give a tracking number with everything I ship.

Payment is through PayPal ONLY, unless you are local and want to meet up with cash around Charlotte (typically I am only available to meet up on weekends, I work 8-5 M-F). If you want to purchase a part, please PM me for priority and for my PayPal address.

I am waiving PayPal fees (I calculated a sale price, added shipping via USPS flat rates, and that’s it). When you pay through PayPal, please select that you are paying for Goods. Do not send me money as a gift to get around PayPal fees; it will NOT benefit you in any way, and I am OK taking the 2% hit or whatever it is.

I have bought and sold many things on S2Ki and can provide vouches from several people and good friends that I have met over this site. All these items are off the car and ready to go so I should be able to ship quickly. I will tell you in a reply to your PM asking for my PayPal when I can ship. I do have a job where I travel every so often, so please bear with me if I happen to be on a business trip when you contact me wanting to buy something.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to purchase! Thanks!

-Andy
Old 06-08-2013, 07:23 PM

Price drop already?!? I must be crazy!!!

I looked back through my PM's and found where the previous owner stated that it was a Boomslang plug-and-play harness, just FYI.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm you...
Old 06-09-2013, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Charlotte. Who did you get to tune it? I may be interested in this.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Truth32
I'm in Charlotte. Who did you get to tune it? I may be interested in this.
I had Six Sigma Dyno in Concord tune it the first time (shown above). They have since closed and 42 Autosports took over their dyno, which is great because Steven who owns 42 Autosports is awesome. I now take my car to him for tuning needs. He would be able to knock the tuning of this unit out in less than an hour. Its very simple.

I did tinker with the tune myself some after I installed an AEM Wideband Failsafe gauge because it has the capability to datalog your AFR vs RPM just like they do on the dyno. This thing could easily be street tuned if you had a way to datalog out your AFR curve.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:35 AM

SOLD! Thanks S2Ki!