Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: SOLD - Southeastern Michigan - Mint NFR OEM Hardtop with Hardware

Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: SOLD - Southeastern Michigan - Mint NFR OEM Hardtop with Hardware

This hardtop has been sold.

First Name: Dave
Price: $3400
Contact: send PM or text to seven three four 717 67 five nine

Like new condition, three and a half years old. Always garaged, little exposure to the weather. The hardtop comes with side catchers and wiring for the rear defroster. Includes a very secure rear lock to prevent theft (with two keys). The only additional parts you may need are inexpensive and readily available. If you have a pre-2004 S2000 you'll want to get the heavier top strikers for around $70. You'll need the hardtop brushes, around $43, and you might need a couple of side catcher bolts (a full set of side catcher bolts runs around $6). The hardtop comes with overhead hoist hardware that includes special J hooks to prevent damage to the top. $3400

Old 04-13-2014, 04:23 PM

I look forward to checking out the top Dave. Thanks for speaking to me this evening.

Al

Originally Posted by dave2k
First Name: Dave
Price: $3400
Contact: send PM or text to seven three four 717 67 five nine

Like new condition, three and a half years old. Always garaged, little exposure to the weather. The hardtop comes with side catchers and wiring for the rear defroster. Includes a very secure rear lock to prevent theft (with two keys). The only additional parts you may need are inexpensive and readily available. If you have a pre-2004 S2000 you'll want to get the heavier top strikers for around $70. You'll need the hardtop brushes, around $43, and you might need a couple of side catcher bolts (a full set of side catcher bolts runs around $6). The hardtop comes with overhead hoist hardware that includes special J hooks to prevent damage to the top. $3400

Old 04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Rat

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What type of rear lock?
Old 04-14-2014, 04:18 PM

I discovered a way to use a padlock to secure the rear hardtop latching lever in the locked position. I drilled a hole in the bracket attached to the top and when the lever is in the locked position I install the padlock. The lock does not interfere with anything and as far as I know the only way around the lock is to take the interior panel off the hardtop and remove the bracket from the hardtop, leaving the bracket and the latching mechanism behind. Of course if you don't want to use the lock, you just don't use it and everything is like normal. The bracket that I drilled is thick and quite sturdy so I was not worried about weakening it with a hole. A complete description of the lock can be found on another S2000 forum. The title of the thread is
'Simple DIY OEM Hardtop Lock'.