Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

INVIDIA DUAL 70mm V2-Modw/large resonator SOLD

Old 08-20-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default INVIDIA DUAL 70mm V2-Modw/large resonator SOLD

INVIDIA DUAL 70mm EXHAUST V2 - Modified with larger resonator
$475
shipped
$450 picked up - near Los Angeles downtown Civic Center or in Costa Mesa near Harbor Blvd

Important: I can only ship between this week and September 3 as I'm going on vacation out of the country for 2 months. So payments will have to be made bearing these dates in mind. Checks must be received by Aug 22 and Paypal payments by Sep 2.

This exhaust is in excellent shape, no dings or scratches that I can see. Still on the car (If I find one I'll let the buyer know before shipping)

I replaced the resonator with a larger stainless steel Vibrant Performance resonator to quiet down the exhaust. This resonator makes the exhaust quieter. It is not muffled by a huge amount but it reduced the exhaust sound by about 10 - 15%. How do I know this? Check out the video

I used a very very very expensive ($10k) Class I Sound Level Meter to test the noise using the SAE J1169 standard - that's the standard used for exhaust noise. The actual reduction is about 16 dBA. In terms of noise energy 10 dBA represents about double the energy. Noise in decibel scale is a little hard to grasp as the decibel scale is logarithmic and it measures the sound pressure energy exerted on the transport media (air)
http://www.subaru-wrx-sti.com/web/S2..._SAE_J1169.wmv
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkxJqffvoDY [/media]

In the video the very last test is with the larger resonator + Hi-flow cat and NO silencers. You can see the noise level is 93.4 dBA using the SAE J1169 standard. So it meets California exhaust noise laws. I kept hoping for a cop to stop me so I could ask him if he knew anything about the SAE J1169 testing procedure, if he knew what decibels were, if he could tell me how exactly he could determine that I was over the allowable levels (I know if stopped for noisy exhaust I would still get the ticket) However, I was never stopped ! The exhaust still makes noise but it's not as loud as with the original tiny resonator. Oh yeah, I didn't tighten the silencers so you can see them rattling. Additionally, I modified the Invidia silencers by drilling holes on the discs and center outlet pipe to improve the flow. The Invidia silencers are just too restrictive and they choke your engine. - Might as well keep the stock exhaust! - So keep this in mind - the silencer you will get are modified an you can see them on the video.

The welding is really good as you can see from the pics. So I'm even guaranteeing (3 months) that they won't crack - The exhaust has been in my car for about 1 year, I've done 5 track events and there isn't any degradation.

Prospective buyers always ask sellers "why are you selling?"
Well, as a car-nut/ gearhead I like to change stuff in my cars all the time and try different setups... so I'm going to try the Greddy single 70mm which I recently bought - gotta go Greddy to match the new turbo

Well, plenty of description so buyers are clear as to what the sale includes. I like to be as clear as possible to avoid misunderstandings.
ALL SALES FINAL
ALL PARTS GUARANTEED TO WORK

Methods of payment accepted: Confirmed Paypal , cash (local buyers), and USPS money order

I'm new to selling on this forum, but I've been selling stuff on eBay and the Subaru (NASIOC) forums for a long time.
Some of my references:
eBay 100% rating

PayPal Verified - You must login to your Paypal account in oder to view

NASIOC Subaru Sale Forums

clicky for very large images
Invidia resonator vs. larger Vibrant Performance resonator ( cats not included in this sale )

Vibrant resonator welded to midpipe

Installed on car - Back to front view

Front to back view
Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Located in Southern California
Los Angeles near downtown or Orange County in Costa Mesa near Harbor Blvd and Baker
Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we arrange shipping to canada? Ill pay the extra charge

Let me know
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 AM

I just checked on the FedEx website shipment rate calculator

I would have to add $85 extra to cover shipment to G7H7G2

this is the quote - you can go to Fedex.com and replicate it.

1. Ship From / To
From: , Los angeles, 90012, U.S.A. | To: , Chicoutimi, G7H7G2, Canada on August 20, 2008.

2. Package and Shipment Details
Package details: 1 package , 50.0 lbs , Your Packaging , 48 in x 24 in x 12 in , 400.00 USD.

3. Product / Commodity Description
Product details: AUTO PARTS

4. Rates and Transit Times
End of day (6 Business Days ) FedEx International Ground
Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM

I'll be posting pictures of the exhaust as it is now installed in my car.
It's pretty much in excellent shape.
Pics will be up by this weekend.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:36 PM

When are you going to have it off the car? I would like to pick it up?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:16 PM

Planning on taking it off this Sunday. I'm picking up a Greddy single on Sat.

There's one person on the local SoCal forum who has "dibs" on the "I'll buy it list" but may end up not buying it ... so you would be second as of today.

However:
I will sell it to the first person that actually pays for it. No seller likes to miss a sale opportunity by waiting on a buyer who is not sure
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 AM

How is the drone?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:38 PM

does the large resonator quiets it down???
Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by kmengys2k,Aug 21 2008, 01:38 PM
does the large resonator quiets it down???
Yes it does - did you get a chance to read the sale ad thoroughly?
I have a video link there showing sound levels taken with a very accurate Sound Level Meter.
It quiets it down by about 15%

and droning is very well managed. There's none of the head-pounding drone as with the original Invidia factory resonator.

Quick Reply: INVIDIA DUAL 70mm V2-Modw/large resonator SOLD