Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

75 in a 60 can that be droped

Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 75 in a 60 can that be droped

so i was coming home from warrenton va and i get pulled over i was about a mile from 28 i was doing 75 in a 60 on 29 headed south to culpeper va it was around 12 at night... their were no other cars noo no street racing just me and the cop doing his job i was very nice to the cop i was not trying suck up to the cop to get out of the ticket but he hit me with one anyways is their anyway to get out of this

cruise control trick?
calibrate the speedo?
use the ole "its my first ticket come on now" in court?
just pay the fine and watch my insurance go though the roof?

i need some pointers here?

i guess their is life after a speeding ticket

Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 PM

helppppp me!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 PM

you will never get out if it
Old 02-21-2008, 09:22 PM

Screwed.

Can we have a ban on all threads relating to tickets? I swear we can't get away with one month without one popping up with someone ranting about a ticket and how to get out of it.

You sped, you got caught, you screwed up. Go to court if it makes you feel any better and plead your case. In the end you just have to admit you were wrong and face the consequences. Coming here and asking us how to get out of a ticket is juvenile.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by flomasta24,Feb 21 2008, 10:15 PM
you will never get out if it
so im doomed
Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Insert Name,Feb 21 2008, 10:22 PM
Screwed.

Can we have a ban on all threads relating to tickets? I swear we can't get away with one month without one popping up with someone ranting about a ticket and how to get out of it.

You sped, you got caught, you screwed up. Go to court if it makes you feel any better and plead your case. In the end you just have to admit you were wrong and face the consequences. Coming here and asking us how to get out of a ticket is juvenile.
cool thanks name u shined some light!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=s2kshoes,Feb 22 2008, 02:24 AM] cool thanks name u shined some
Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

go to court. ive been to court for tickets 4 times. unless you say something that's really stupid they'll drop most of the points (never all of them) and at LEAST half your fine. this is in Montgomery County. i dunno how strict theyll be where you got your ticket. basically just show up cause it will help in some way.

oh yea there's also the chance that the cop doesn't show up to court--but if you do, you will be excused! good luck dude.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Feb 22 2008, 02:30 AM
go to court. ive been to court for tickets 4 times. unless you say something that's really stupid they'll drop most of the points (never all of them) and at LEAST half your fine. this is in Montgomery County. i dunno how strict theyll be where you got your ticket. basically just show up cause it will help in some way.

oh yea there's also the chance that the cop doesn't show up to court--but if you do, you will be excused! good luck dude.
This was in Virginia so your suggestions are pretty worthless.

The cop will show up, and the court will not drop anything. I agree though, if it was MD he might have a chance.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

1. I will start by saying we do see a LOT of these types of thread here, hence some reactions being harsh.

2. The advice to do nothing and bend over to take the fine is insane. If you can go to court and present a clean driving record the Judge may be having a good day and feel generous. Why not take advantage of that? Of course you shouldn't lie or otherwise try to weasel your way out of the ticket... just go to court dressed nicely and with a copy of your driving record. Apologize for the lapse in judgment and see what happens. Don't be disappointed if the charge doesn't get reduced -- after all: you earned it.

Be thankful it wasn't reckless. You know that's now worth about ~$1200 in VA don't you?

Civil Remedial Fees

Welcome aboard..

-Aaron

Quick Reply: 75 in a 60 can that be droped