Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

75 in a 60 can that be droped

Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Feb 21 2008, 10:30 PM
go to court. ive been to court for tickets 4 times. unless you say something that's really stupid they'll drop most of the points (never all of them) and at LEAST half your fine. this is in Montgomery County. i dunno how strict theyll be where you got your ticket. basically just show up cause it will help in some way.

oh yea there's also the chance that the cop doesn't show up to court--but if you do, you will be excused! good luck dude.
sweet... hey its worth a try i dont like to just hand over my money and be like here you go yes i was speeding here is 200 and ohh yeah go ahead and raise my insurance while your at it. have to put up a fight
Old 02-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by e3opian,Feb 21 2008, 10:40 PM
1. I will start by saying we do see a LOT of these types of thread here, hence some reactions being harsh.

2. The advice to do nothing and bend over to take the fine is insane. If you can go to court and present a clean driving record the Judge may be having a good day and feel generous. Why not take advantage of that? Of course you shouldn't lie or otherwise try to weasel your way out of the ticket... just go to court dressed nicely and with a copy of your driving record. Apologize for the lapse in judgment and see what happens. Don't be disappointed if the charge doesn't get reduced -- after all: you earned it.

Be thankful it wasn't reckless. You know that's now worth about ~$1200 in VA don't you?

Civil Remedial Fees

Welcome aboard..

-Aaron
Aaron thank you i feel the same way im not a cop nor a street racer just coming home from my girlfriends house no rush from their trust me i feel it can be won!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah i see it happened in VA but even so the procedures should be somewhat similar
Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Insert Name,Feb 22 2008, 01:30 AM
I just don't see how you can say "ooops, I wasn't paying attention". You paid attention during your driving test didn't you? Why can't you do it while your on the road?
You've never exceeded the speed limit? Ever? I see you have a clean record of 5+ years, but so do I.. (in Virginia.. ) Why do you even own a sports car? I'm just being realistic...

People that come online asking how to get out of a ticket and refuse to take responsibility for their actions are the reason people, like me, pay higher insurance premiums.
What does one's tickets have to do with YOUR premium? I could be wrong, but as I understand it insurance premiums are effected by your points on file at the DMV, the DMV's points are effected by your own tickets.... NOT someone elses. Only historical collision and theft data impact other owners of the same make and model, right?

Way to welcome a new member into the community!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Feb 22 2008, 01:58 AM
yeah i see it happened in VA but even so the procedures should be somewhat similar
Not reckless and not in Fairfax County... He has a chance.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 PM

i didnt want a whole fight over this i just wanted to know if u think i can get by. tell the judge ill take driver improvement and wash some cars i dont care i want to keep my clean driving record
Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 PM

Well, I think that's the issue. A lot of people feel very strongly about this subject. You'll be seeing a lot more activity in here in the morning, I am sure.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:34 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

hmm.... i just read this...........and the first question i have is was it a STATE TROOPER? or a city cop. city cops usually are lenient, state trooper? no dice.

To be honest, ive gotten a reckless/racing ticket........I WAS DOING 37 IN A 35!!! JUST because when i had my white eclipse, a green one started to pace me... he was asking what i had under the hood......at that same moment, alexandria cop pulled us both over and gave us a reckless/racing ticket.. he didnt even put the speed on the ticket.

I went to court, and man.. that judge was throwing EVERYONE the book.... and thought to myself.. i'm screwed. welp.. the cop told his case, i told mine, being very respectful, the other guy that got the ticket said he needed a translator. some hispanic brotha. After i told my case, the judge asked the hispanic brotha what happened. the translator pretty much repeated back what i said. 2 against one. the judge said, well their is no speed on the ticket...she didnt even ask the cop why. she said there is no proof, DISMISSED..................turns out the hispanic dood spoke perfect english.........he was telling me how bad ass my car was hahaha.........lil did we know, the cop was behind us walking out........

I started to take the elevator, he ask if i was going up or down, i said down.......he said i'm going up.....take the stairs hahahahaha HE WAS PISSED...........BUT i got out of it. kinda had to though........usually when i get a ticket.......i KNOW i'm wrong.....paying attention or not......that was MY fault. technically 1 mph Over the speed limit is speeding. up to 3 mph is lenient for calibration.......anything after that, you can get a ticket. thats why its called A SPEED LIMIT......not 10mph, i'll be ok Over the speed limit. You get caught, you get caught.....15MPH over is pretty damn far off the speed limit. situations like this........man up... pay the ticket.....I speed technically every where i go......nobody does THE SPEED LIMIT......but know that when your 1 mph over, your speeding....

how do i know? lets just say ........i study law.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 AM

go to court and hope you get either a prosecutor who is having a good day and is willing to lessing the charge or a judge in a good mood. might be able to do traffic school or something to not get the points.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:08 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

You can take traffic school in VA for a first time offense, just do it online take the test at Kinkos and send in the certificate.

Quick Reply: 75 in a 60 can that be droped