Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Anyone here ever think about....

Old 09-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for confirming what i was thinking, but forgot to mention another reason would be taking the car to campus when i go back to school, i kinda dont want to see all this sexiness get hurt by stupid ppl =(
Old 09-18-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife and I almost bought an 08 Sti last year. I love them. Once you're around them for a bit and drive it a little, you fall in love with it. If you get one with BBS wheel/foglight package, it's an awesome looking car.

We also looked at an Evo X. All I can say is cheap. Inside and out, everything looked and felt cheap. We were there for 10 minutes and went straight to the Subaru dealership.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a 2005-2006 STi is the perfect car for a beginning driving enthusiast. It is rugged enough to deal with most mistakes, be launched relentlessly, and is quite possibly the easiest vehicle in the world to drive at the limit. I have driven a few Subarus and they are all very easy to drive at the limit. However, the driving style does not swap over. IE, if you went from driving a Subaru to an S2k or a Z06, you would probably go off pretty shortly thereafter.

They do go through tires very quickly (shitty suspension geometry). You'll need to increase spring rate pretty high on all corners and then invest in some decent dampers (Konis, Motons, or any of the good dampers) to survive on the streets. When I pulled the MXs off of my 95 Impreza L, they would not stand up straight on a flat surface. I had camber at 3*+ up front and they still wore the outside edge and inside edge. OF course, you could just replace tires every five months or so. That is about how long tires last for me on daily drivers with one four hour track event each month.

Fuel cost would be rather expensive compared to an S2k. I noticed that the S2k gets remarkably good race track gas mileage as compared to my 240sx, comparatively, the 240sx makes 150whp more, so there you have it. The fuel usage is very deceiving. I am expecting to be half a tank of gas down after an event, but I usually only use four or five bars.

From an opinionated point of view, the one thing I don't like about Subarus anymore is the whole X-games extreme C00L that has been brought to the Subaru Impreza. Since the whole Ken Block era has emerged, and really since rally entered the X games, I simply don't view a Subaru Impreza as a classy vehicle anymore. I can count on a bunch of skateboarder punks (No offense to those who take skateboarding seriously, and actually do it, not wear it[sideways]) being in awe when they see an STi. It simply isn't nearly as classy as an S2K IMO, which is something I do need for a daily commuter. It now carries an extreme advertising, energy drink stamped, skateboarder punk image to the general populous. Given I am nearing the end of my military days, I need something that I can go to job interviews in. I definitely don't want the impression that I am any of the aforementioned things, nor do I want to drive up in a rallied out STi. Kept in good condition, it would still project the image IMO. The STi would constantly be beckoning to be rallied as well, just as my last Impreza did.

STi=Great daily racecar IMO if the engine is kept stock and slightly overfilled with good oil (German Castrol, Redline, Motul, etc).
Old 09-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic,Sep 18 2009, 07:00 PM
From an opinionated point of view, the one thing I don't like about Subarus anymore is the whole X-games extreme C00L that has been brought to the Subaru Impreza. Since the whole Ken Block era has emerged, and really since rally entered the X games, I simply don't view a Subaru Impreza as a classy vehicle anymore. I can count on a bunch of skateboarder punks (No offense to those who take skateboarding seriously, and actually do it, not wear it[sideways]) being in awe when they see an STi. It simply isn't nearly as classy as an S2K IMO, which is something I do need for a daily commuter. It now carries an extreme advertising, energy drink stamped, skateboarder punk image to the general populous. Given I am nearing the end of my military days, I need something that I can go to job interviews in. I definitely don't want the impression that I am any of the aforementioned things, nor do I want to drive up in a rallied out STi. Kept in good condition, it would still project the image IMO. The STi would constantly be beckoning to be rallied as well, just as my last Impreza did.
The whole Ken Block era? Dumb skateboard punks? Really though last time i checked Ken Block owns half of a little multi-million dollar shoe corporation called DC shoes? Don't they sell skate stuff?? Also owns a a race team which is sponsored by Subura so why wouldn't they go hand in hand? Quit being a sterotypical old miltary turd. Classy S2k? hate to hurt your feelings but it's still a honda don't get me wrong i love mine loved it so much i bought it brand new but at the end of the when my garage closes it still has a H for a emblem, guess yours doesn't
Old 09-20-2009, 01:28 PM

lol come on guys u dont need to bring this into the thread, thanks for all the helpful comments though, im still at a crossroad but we will see what happens
Old 09-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am considering selling my S and getting a WRX. Not the STi, but a WRX hatch. I have considered EVO as well, but experiences from my friends are telling me WRX is a more well-rounded car for daily driving.

Now why am I thinking this? Track days. Karma has a funny way of working. Before I don't have time nor money to attend track days. Now that I do, tracks requires roll bars on the S for safety reasons. Say, I can spend a grand putting a bar in. But when the time comes to sell the S, who is going to buy a car with a cut & mingled interior with an aftermarket bar? Yes, I could take off the bar and sell it separately. However I'd still spend money on buying stock interior pieces just to make the car presentable. With a fixed-roof car, I can just register, show up, and drive on the track during HPDE.

Another reason: Honda's customer service, or the lack of it. My top has developed the hole described in TSB. I took it to the dealership where I used to work at. The service manager is nice (we know each other) and made the call to Honda's regional rep. The regional rep's initial response was typical: he doesn't want to pay. The manager said give him couple days to think over it and will follow up with me. That was last week.

Why I am upset over this issue? My family and I have bought 7 Hondas in the past 15 years. My S has 278xx miles and is 4 months past the 3-year mark for the warranty. If I had used my top more and developed the hole before my warranty expired, Honda would have to pay for it. Now that I baby'd my car and I have to pay for it. This is WRONG.

Sorry, went off topic. Now
Old 09-20-2009, 01:35 PM

are you planning on buying a new wrx? if so you either have to sell or trade your car then buying a new one will cost you more money than putting the roll bar and replacing the pieces if need be lol, if your selling and buying a used one well still look that your going to be paying tax, fees, etc but i mean really up to you.

the thing that kinda stops me is that most cars depreciate (meaning all almost haha) cuz i mean the s makes me happy so far but idunno lol
Old 09-20-2009, 01:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kkyo,Sep 18 2009, 01:47 AM
Buying an evo/sti?

Reason being maybe needing more space
Still curious as to why you would limit your choices to two econoboxes if you are being honest about your reason for looking at new cars.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:51 PM

oh being in a budget and would like aftermarket support with some speed lol, I don't think an e46 is for me but it has crossed my mind
Old 09-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=LagunaBlu2k,Sep 20 2009, 10:23 AM] The whole Ken Block era? Dumb skateboard punks? Really though last time i checked Ken Block owns half of a little multi-million dollar shoe corporation called DC shoes? Don't they sell skate stuff?? Also owns a a race team which is sponsored by Subura so why wouldn't they go hand in hand? Quit being a

Quick Reply: Anyone here ever think about....