Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Anyone sold their modded S recently?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone sold their modded S recently?

I am considering selling my car in order to free up some capital for purchasing my first home, however I am unsure what kind of prices people are getting for s's in the area. More importantly my car is modified and I am unwilling to go through the tedious process of parting it out.

Basically, I am curious is anyone has sold a modified S recently and how the market for them is. Any info would be appreciated!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:12 PM

Some other helpful info would be how many miles, year, condition, depending on if you want to sell private or to a dealer.
If you're selling private mods would be nice to list as well. I've seen them go for as low as 7 and as high as 25
Old 08-28-2014, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by skyler2k
Some other helpful info would be how many miles, year, condition, depending on if you want to sell private or to a dealer.
If you're selling private mods would be nice to list as well. I've seen them go for as low as 7 and as high as 25

2005, ~106k miles

I would want to sell private.

Mods:

Ultimate Racing Turbo kit w/ 750cc injectors
AEM EMS
Invidia V2 exhaust
Buddy Club N+ coilovers
CR Front Lip and Rear Spoiler
Lightweight flywheel and upgraded clutch (can't remember details off the top of my head)
Seibon Mugen Style CF Hardtop
AEM Gauges - Boost, Oil Press, Water Temp, Oil Temp, AFR

Probably some more stuff i can't think of.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, and contrary to what many people want to believe, mods add little to no value to a car. If anything, they detract from the value. Selling a highly modded S like yours isn't easy. To get a ball park, find our the price for a stock 2006 with your mileage, and then maybe add $1-2k for the turbo, at best, assuming you find a buyer that actually wants the mods you made.

I'd guess $15k is a fair asking price for what you have. You'd be better off putting in the effort and parting out the mods, and then selling the stock car for $13-14k.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 664 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by aeonracer
Unfortunately, and contrary to what many people want to believe, mods add little to no value to a car. If anything, they detract from the value. Selling a highly modded S like yours isn't easy. To get a ball park, find our the price for a stock 2006 with your mileage, and then maybe add $1-2k for the turbo, at best, assuming you find a buyer that actually wants the mods you made.

I'd guess $15k is a fair asking price for what you have. You'd be better off putting in the effort and parting out the mods, and then selling the stock car for $13-14k.
Highish mileage + turbo you may have a hard time finding a buyer willing to pay a decent price.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 PM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

so uhh....you want to sell that hard top, OP?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree with the previous posters. $14-15k is reasonable for the mods/mileage.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by aeonracer

I know mods add no value unless sold to a very specific type of buyer. I mainly don't want to be hassled with parting it if I do sell it.

To the person who asked about the hard top, I would either sell it with the car or keep the whole car. The car has no soft top, so I can't really sell the top separate.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate the info!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

I was in this same situation when I sold my first S2000. You would definitely have to find the right buyer.

As for the Hardtop. You can have whoever wants to buy the hard top, give their Soft top if they are willing to part from it and knock off a few hundred. Obviously, you would have to want to do all of that.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ECale3
Originally Posted by aeonracer' timestamp='1409334249' post='23307714

The car has no soft top, so I can't really sell the top separate.
double ouch.

Quick Reply: Anyone sold their modded S recently?