Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Apple IPOD MP3 FM Modulator

Old 04-16-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts
Default Apple IPOD MP3 FM Modulator

I've been looking at FM Modulator for my Apple IPOD so I can listen to it through my FM radio. I bought one today of all places from COSTCO. They sell it for $24.59. I was very skeptical but decided to give it a try and it seems to be working quite nice. You can use this with your IPOD, MP3 Players, DVD Players, and CD Players. I thought I would share this information with folks in Mid-Atlantic.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:28 PM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Hmm? damn you, :looksforwallet:
Old 04-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I bought the "Griffin" brand for my iPod mini - I like the way it fits perfectly on the iPod and looks like it is part of it. Best invention ever - I doubt I will be using CD's anytime soon.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used a FM Modulator for a little while, but got tired of fighting with the static and sometimes null signal. I tried two different types and both were almost identical in performance - a cheap one and expensive one.

When the time came to upgrade my stereo I went with an Alpine deck and the KCA-420i iPod adapter. The signal is perfect out of the iPod and I can crank it up without any static, plus the KCA is a charger too. It only charges when the car is on, but I can leave the iPod in the car for about a week and a half (without turning the iPod off) and still have juice. If you aren't lazy like me and take the time to turn the iPod off you would never have to charge it up in the house again - unless you've got some new music to put on.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the input. I think Griffin does look a whole lot better. I might seriously consider that one as I am not planning to change out the entire stereo in which case Poindexter's set up sounds like a winner!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:35 PM

Well A 30GB Ipod is in the mail, I think I may go with the Neo iOn for the unit. This will allow me to control the IPOD using the CD controls on the stock headunit.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:27 PM

I bought the Griffin FM modulator. The advantage with this one is that you can play wherever there is a radio or stereo with FM. I could listen to my IPOD in the garage as it is wireless. Griffin works like charm!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

I have the MONSTER interface that has eight FM frequencies. It works "pretty well" but at best one will get FM quality. There are times when it gets some interference from power lines and other FM stations near the same frequency.

I am curious if anyone has the new Ipod interface that hooks into the OEM radio Aux jack and picks up play list on the CD track? This should provide CD quality.

Does anyone have any feedback?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:11 AM

Matt,

I installed the NEO Ion interface, its a box that plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. I ran the cable to the Ipod under the console and have the IPOD inside the glovebox door.

NEO ION

Now I just choose the CD changer on the radio and can change tracks using the radio controls.

It charges the IPOD when not in use.

Remind me to show it to you at the next outing.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter,May 12 2005, 10:11 AM
Matt,

I installed the NEO Ion interface, its a box that plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. I ran the cable to the Ipod under the console and have the IPOD inside the glovebox door.

NEO ION

Now I just choose the CD changer on the radio and can change tracks using the radio controls.

It charges the IPOD when not in use.

Remind me to show it to you at the next outing.
How hard was the install?

- Jeremy (jnn4v)

Quick Reply: Apple IPOD MP3 FM Modulator