Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Billman- "Is it worth the trip?"

Old 05-16-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey all,

I've heard great things about Billman and I'm sure they are all true! Sadly 7 hours round trip is a long haul for those of us in the DMV area. I highly recommend S2000 owners check out Daisy Auto Imports in Woodbine MD! The shop is about 50 miles from DC and the owner Ben provides awesome service at more than reasonable prices! He specializes in the NSX and had 6 of them in the shop during my last visit! Do yourself and your car a favor and check out this awesome hidden gem.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought my first S2000 in November and I was ecstatic to learn that Billman only lives about an hour away from me. I have an appointment set up for later this month. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 07-14-2020, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Legra
Just bought my first S2000 in November and I was ecstatic to learn that Billman only lives about an hour away from me. I have an appointment set up for later this month. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing this!
How was your visit to Billman? I'm not able to get in till October..
Old 07-14-2020, 04:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kram96
I went to billman last August for a clutch job. He has a new shop (no longer does work at his house). You basically just sit around and chat with him while you watch him work on your car. He is very meticulous. During the clutch job he had to get up into the cockpit several times and always washed his hands first to avoid getting grease on the interior. I thought that was interesting and shows a level of care you don't see anywhere else. I certainly appreciated it.

He checks his work several times and will throw in some bonus enhancements while he is at it (in my case he adjusted the throttle cable and changed the clutch fluid).

His shop is packed full of various s2000 parts and I spent a good amount of time just looking around to see what I could spot.

Would go again for major work like that. I just wasn't up to a clutch job in my garage and the 2+ hour drive each way was more than worth it.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAVTS2k
I went to billman last August for a clutch job. He has a new shop (no longer does work at his house). You basically just sit around and chat with him while you watch him work on your car. He is very meticulous. During the clutch job he had to get up into the cockpit several times and always washed his hands first to avoid getting grease on the interior. I thought that was interesting and shows a level of care you don't see anywhere else. I certainly appreciated it.

He checks his work several times and will throw in some bonus enhancements while he is at it (in my case he adjusted the throttle cable and changed the clutch fluid).

His shop is packed full of various s2000 parts and I spent a good amount of time just looking around to see what I could spot.

Would go again for major work like that. I just wasn't up to a clutch job in my garage and the 2+ hour drive each way was more than worth it.
Thanks for the info.. I was also trying to get an idea what he charges and how to pay. I probably need half of the things looked at on his Once Over list and was wondering what to expect.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kram96
he definitely lived up to the hype. really nice guy who is as meticulous as he is efficient. he probably did like 10 hours worth of work for me in 4-5 hours. it wasn’t cheap but definitely a great value, especially considering the quality of his work.

I would trust him to work on my car anytime. and being that he lives less than an hour away from me, I plan on using him exclusively.