Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

carbon fiber parts

Old 09-23-2002, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by w1ngman
[B]Hmmm...
Old 09-23-2002, 01:32 PM

as a reply to all ill answer all in order to black s2000 turbo i dont have any pics of anything ive been laying fiberglass for a while and figured i could do something with carbon fiber i by no means consider myself pro on this but well you get what im saying here to lil raja what i would probably do is take your center console and cover it with the carbon fiber and shoot it with gel coat i cant release what im paying for the materials but i would charge material and depending on how much of a pain it is to get right on how much to actually do it to wingman yours can be laid out by phone or something since i know your intrested ill give you a call and for everyone else im going to do a couple little things on my ladies eclipse however im not in any rush to do anything i would like to get some practice down before i do anything for anyone but i will say i will be a lot cheaper if you guys are willing to be patient for me
Old 09-23-2002, 05:29 PM

Would it be worth consideration to make a CF exhaust overlay for the HKS Hiper exhaust? Similar to the Titanium CF exhausts that HKS makes.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:33 PM

hmmm...... id have to check into the heat tolerance of the resin since it is not specificly for an exhaust
Old 09-23-2002, 08:42 PM

Look into the HKS website....The CF Titanium exhausts are made for cars running turbos. I called HKS a while back and asked if they would ever make that exhaust for the S but they said no. I believe there is another company making a CF exhaust but I can't find their website anymore. MLS maybe? I am not sure....
Old 09-24-2002, 06:53 AM

Originally posted by LIL RAJA

I have the CF dash, if u want to see it. Looks quiet nice.

LIL raja
If you have pix, I'd love to see them! Also, what's involved in the installation (I'm not too good with that "hands-on" stuff).
Old 09-24-2002, 07:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lajster
[B]

If you have pix, I'd love to see them!
Old 09-24-2002, 07:16 AM

Sounds like even I could do it - did you get it from Rick's?
Old 09-26-2002, 06:41 PM

slvrs2kbulit

A friend of mine and I are starting a composites business, and as soon as we finish some computer related projects and start up the company, we will be moving on to S2K and other car related ideas we have.

If you are going to work with carbon fibre, be sure you look into vacuum bagging your parts. The carbon fibre is a lot stiffer than fiberglass and molding CF using the hand lay-up technique can lead to problems with the weave pulling away from the mold while the the resin sets.
I have a few good books and videos about working with high modulus fibre composites (that includes carbon. kevlar, and other aramid fibres). I could let you check them out if you like (pm me). You can get a lot of info at www.fibreglast.com, I also have some sites dealing with composites manufacturing associations and such. They have resources to help you start a business if you want. I have made a lot of motorcycle stuff and played with composites a lot over the years, but starting a business is a whole different matter, I 'm learning a lot.

FWIW,
Laz
Old 09-27-2002, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
how about the center console in CF. if the price is not something crazy, i would get this...

PM if this is possible.

Raja
what he said..!!

Quick Reply: carbon fiber parts