Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Check out my new ride :)

Old 06-02-2004, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my new ride :)

Hey Mid-A,

Thanks to Loc "1NA-PLAY" from this thread http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=207074 I, well..., we, well..., Gina got a Satin Silver MY04 Honda Civic LX coupe auto with all the options. She went and looked at the Civic VP for practicality and value, but I guess I spoiled her with my S, so she got the upgraded LX model. It was very convenient since it was down the street from where I work and right off a Metro. I had a rental and met her there and she just wanted it, and is very happy. (Thanks again Loc)

Here some pics from the Honda website. http://www.hondacars.com/models/exterior_c...ame=Civic+Coupe. She's got an auto since she doesn't know how to drive a manual yet. I'll put up some pics when we get a chance to develop her roll of film.

I just wanted to share the good news. Now I have someone to drive me around, so I don't have to feel so bad without a wheel. Also, she's letting me drive her '87 Jeep Wrangler around when I need to. It's not the same, but it's better than nothing. The gas mileage is unreal, it only gets like 10 mpg I only use it when I need to.

I can't drive a S now due to my back and the Civic is really comfortable. I hardly feel any bumps, cracks, etc. on the road. I'm just glad Gina is happy.

I'll let you know when I get my new car soon. My back should heal soon, so I'm looking forward to a new car.

Just wanted to share.

Thanks,

LT
Old 06-02-2004, 06:28 PM

Congrats Lt... at least the wrangler reminds you of home!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:17 PM

Congrats Gina & LT! I know how it feels LT! What exactly is wrong wiht your back? I hope you get better soon in any case. Are you planing on getting Another S? same color?
Old 06-02-2004, 07:28 PM

Well that is good to hear! At least you are keeping the Honda name passed on to others since you are without your own

- Rooboy
Old 06-03-2004, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats guys
Old 06-03-2004, 05:31 AM

Thanks gang,

She just loves driving her car. We went to Colonial beach last weekend, and the drive there was great with so many twisties. I really missed my car then. But, Gina had so much fun driving hers that it made up for it.

Originally posted by white_S2000@16
Congrats Gina & LT! I know how it feels LT! What exactly is wrong wiht your back? I hope you get better soon in any case. Are you planing on getting Another S? same color?
I thought about getting Ryan's S that he's selling: 2003 blk/blk w/ red inserts Comptech S/C w/ low miles... mmmmmm, but I can't right now. My neck and low back got twisted up with the accident, and it's really stiff. Most of the impact from the accident was on my side/driver's side. My neck feels fine even though the x-rays show signs of trauma, but it's my back. The x-rays didn't show anything wrong with it, which means it's tissue damage. Getting in and out of the S will be really bad for my back right now, and in fact it'll make it worse. Feeling all the bumps and whatnot on the road is also bad for my back right now.

How bad is my back messed up right now? Well, the only exercise that I can do is walk along with rehab. I can't run, I can't jog, I can't go hiking, I can't do the eliptical machine, I can't do full weight lifting workout, etc. I'm doing those physical therapy type of rehab exercises that takes forever to do and strengthens very very slowly. It's frustrating because I can't be active. I'm popping pills left and right because of my back, so I can't drink, icing it 3 times daily, wearing a protective back brace, etc. To make it worse, I thought I was progressing so well that I went for a light jog the other day with Gina, and comes to find out from the Chiropracter that I actually went back 2 steps on my recovery because of my jogging so I'm pretty much back to square 1.

I really want another S, and that's why I still wanted to go to the SoVa meet... Sorry for my frustration. I just miss my car.

Thanks for the support on Gina's new Civic. You guys/gals are great.

LT
Old 06-03-2004, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of the pain LT.... Just take it slowly and listen to your chiropractor... Everything will be ok
Old 06-03-2004, 07:13 AM

Sorry to hear about your back LT.. Congrats on the new car and just give it time till your back heals and grab another S...
Old 06-03-2004, 07:48 AM

Cool, stick with Hondas.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:54 AM

S's will alwaya be there.. backs take time.. just make sure you follow the dr's orders man. i wiped out on a motorcycle in aug of 99 and had total knee replacement in both knees with rod's down both legs.. I was active just like you .. fed up with rehab, I decided my knees were strong enough to support me (i was in a wheelchair for a bit) and decided I could put weight and tried to walk.. big mistake.. had to go under the knife again for my stupidity..trust me, rehab is slow and it sucks to see little progress in a long period of time,.. but in the long run it's what is best for the body.

Peter

Quick Reply: Check out my new ride :)