Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Collision Repair - NoVa

Old 07-20-2020, 06:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Collision Repair - NoVa

So this past Thursday, the 16th...I'm stopped at a red light in the outer turn lane with a lifted Toyota Tacoma in front of me. FFX co. police are directing traffic at all four corners of the light as the signals were being worked on (all signals flashing yellow). Before the cop got his turn to direct and to get our lane to turn, they were reset and began to operate normally. Tthe police started to get back in their cars and exit the roadway. I must've come to the intersection at the ass end of all this...anyway,
The FFX co. officer that had been directing from the corner I was stopped at told the driver of the Tacoma to exit the turn lane via merging into on going traffic heading straight....basically to not use the green arrow that would have eventually been our signal to turn left, and to go straight and turn around, etc.....made no sense but whatever, cop says - do as cop says, right?
So the Tacoma ends up not continuing straight on but instead puts his truck into reverse and begins to back up. I had the top down and started blaring on the horn, screaming STOP!! STOOOOOOOPPPPP!!! Ends up running into my 07 BB impacting the top of the front bumper cover where it meets the hood, right near the corner of the passenger side headlamp. Hood is buckled back 3 inches at the corner, bumper cover is pushed into the body with a hole from the impact of his tow receiver and the lower bumper grille is knocked loose from the bumper. Everything now misaligned and off. My CR lip was pulled away from the bumper cover a bit as well....F'ing SHIT....
Long story short, his insurance(Progressive) is covering this 100% and I am now in need of a reputable body shop to do the replacement/repairs/paint to my S....I've worked for the Pohanka Automotive Group for a number of years at both their Acura and Honda dealers in the past and we always used D&V Auto body there in Sterling. Is that the place you guys would suggest for what I need? They've always been top notch in the countless repairs Acura and Honda sent them over the years but I just want to confirm that Raj and the gang over there are still my best bet for collision work. I've recently gotten a bad experience via word of mouth from a good friend, fellow S owner so....
Give me the heads up or suggest somewhere I might be better off at. Thanks guys..

-G
Old 07-20-2020, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used D&V Auto Body for my S2000 a few months ago, and I was happy with them.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gvr4-330
I used D&V Auto Body for my S2000 a few months ago, and I was happy with them.
+1