Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Crazy Motorcycle follows me, talks trash

Old 11-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by w1ngman,Nov 3 2008, 07:31 PM
You should have explained to him that you recently had your headlights cleared and there is no way...NO WAY that you would have potentially sacrificed your headlights by running him over .
This is the excuse I'm using from now on
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM

After apologizing twice and still getting attitude I would have thrown him the middle finger and when he went to do it back, brake checked his ass and laughed all the way home. and yes I used to ride too I had a CBR back in the day and know how to ride. There's no need for him to be an asshat like that. He deserves what he gets.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by BearNVa,Nov 3 2008, 03:49 PM
After apologizing twice and still getting attitude I would have thrown him the middle finger and when he went to do it back, brake checked his ass and laughed all the way home. and yes I used to ride too I had a CBR back in the day and know how to ride. There's no need for him to be an asshat like that. He deserves what he gets.
got any pics? I WANNA see instantly!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e3opian,Nov 3 2008, 07:32 PM
Problem around here is that if you try to double the following distance to a motorcycle out of respect, some other asshole is going to wedge in between you two. It's a lose-lose situation. Tell him he's going to need thicker skin to ride this area. He's obviously new...
That is why I bought the S2K instead of a bike. It makes me nervous how close people pull up to my ass in it, but I do ignore it. There are folks around here that get shot for less.

If you were not constantly riding his ass, he should have blown it off. When I rode bikes, if someone was following too closely, it was pretty easy to just get away from them. Much easier than chasing them. I am not sure about the brake test comment. If I was actually scared, I would take him out. Brake test or just plain hit him with my door. Self defense Officer, he was threatening me
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BearNVa,Nov 3 2008, 07:49 PM
I would have thrown him the middle finger and when he went to do it back, brake checked his ass...

Bill, my dear boy, you have some anger management issues of your own
Old 11-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Insert Name,Nov 3 2008, 08:46 PM
Cliff notes?
They're at the bottom of my original post already ...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by e3opian,Nov 3 2008, 03:32 PM
Problem around here is that if you try to double the following distance to a motorcycle out of respect, some other asshole is going to wedge in between you two. It's a lose-lose situation. Tell him he's going to need thicker skin to ride this area. He's obviously new...

You try to leave any lengths between you and the car in front of you and someone will definitely wedge themself in that space. Very correct - lose/lose!

I think the guy overreacted big time and while I can appreciate he was pissed about the tailgating, you did apologize and try to difuse the situation...he wanted to escalate it. Maybe to win some ridiculous pissing contest. Puh-lease.

On a side note - You just never know what goes through people's minds these days. Further, he also didn't know who HE was dealing with and you could've just lost your job, caught your old lady with another man or found out you were dying, losing your house, whatever..point being his "pursuit" might have been a catalyst to you just taking him out with your car, shooting him, etc. Dont forget that a couple weeks ago some arse shot out the windows of a van on Rt. 28 near the airport with a pellet gun...another road rage incident.

I don't know about you guys, sometimes I think the S2K brings the worst out in people. No one ever bothers me or gives a second glance when I'm in my beater. I merge without incident, pass, turn, park and cruise at highway speed with not even so much as a blink. But, when my S was my Daily Driver, I'd experience an incident a week where some asshole had something to prove - so many haters on the road!

Be careful and you did the right thing by trying to avoid a pointless altercation.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by e3opian,Nov 3 2008, 06:32 PM

One of the many reason I just don't ride my valk much anymore...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM

i ride and it makes me nervous when people tailgate, lets face it a machine that weighs all of 400 pounds is going to stop a hell of a lot faster than a car of any kind. i hate it when people tailgate me but then i just get the hell away from them i do sometimes give them the WTF look. but you sounded sincere and most can tell when you accidently get to close vs. just doing it for the hell of it.

plus in a car your in a metal cage, bike is nothing lol

Quick Reply: Crazy Motorcycle follows me, talks trash