Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Fender bender, call me stupid

Old 11-19-2001, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as I write this I am slapping my head for being a imbecile.

It was 7:00am in Sunday morning and the road was covered with dew. I was making a left turn to Westmoreland which is a block away from my home. Westmoreland is 4 lane street and for some reason instead of making a longer radius turn I did the shorter radius turn and what do you know it? My back end swung around and since the turn was closely around old model Ford SUV stopped at the light waiting, I didn't have a chance.
And then, I heard the most heartbreaking scrape sound.
I immediately pulled over to the curve and went to assess the damage. The SUV suffered only minor 6 inch scrape on low portion of rear driver side fender but the hit wasn't too kind on my driver side front. Actually it isn't so bad but the driver side front is scraped pretty good and the fog light glass was cracked.
The most damage is around front that is around headlight area where good portion of material is torn away.

Of course my mind was filled with thoughts aftermath.
Mostly what the heck was I doing at that time.
I guess I just loosend up when I was almost home and relaxed when I shouldn't have, also pretty worn S02, different gear ratio plus about 40lb lighter in the rear made it worse I suppose.
Or it can well be punishment from God for getting involved in the car for more than I should have.

Anyway I am just having rotten time this year's closing starting with the damn terrorist attack and I pray that all the bad stuff that are happening come to an end with this accident.

I am tentatively making a schedule to get it fixed around mid December along with few touch ups.

But I am just going to take easy with car stuff and lay low for a while for a time being.
However nothing would stop me from meeting you guys in the future, so I will see you around of course.
I will try to take some photos and put them up later.

Be careful out there and be alert when you driving on wet and cold days.
Old 11-19-2001, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god that sucks....sorry to hear that randy....but now you get to join the club of post accident s2ks
Old 11-19-2001, 06:42 AM

Let it go bud. It's just a small wreck. Everyone has 'em. Some people even have big ones...
Old 11-19-2001, 06:47 AM

Damn that must suck Randy. After all the work and money you put in your car and now this - damn damn damn! Your car looks so nice too! I hope it's not too expensive to get fixed, and your spirits will be lifted again soon.

As far as being punished by the almighty one, I think as long as you're not starving any kids to buy that new exhaust, you'll be alright

Hope to see you and that badass car again soon dude!
Old 11-19-2001, 06:53 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this Randy. If there's anything I can do (besides paying you back--check is on the way very soon), let me know!

Of course you know I'll need a navigator for any meets and you're on the top of the list!
Old 11-19-2001, 07:37 AM

Randy I too am sorry to hear of this unfortunate news. It has indeed been a rough year and I hope this accident will be the end to it all.

I know your car will be up and running in no time. I'm just thankful that no one was injured.

Lets keep it safe out there folks!!

-John
Old 11-19-2001, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks people for caring.

I know that the magnitude of this damage is nothing compare to some of the wrecks but it just hurts me so bad that the fix and repaint on the front was done not even a month ago.

I know as well as many of you know, I've just gone way too overboard with this car and I guess this is good thing that I need to slow down at some point.

Gregg, you are too kind. You know that I am a horrible navigator.
Occasionally when I said 'left', I really meant 'right', and I think I learned this folley from my girlfriend who sometimes confuses the heck out me when we are going places I do not know.
But it is such a pleasure to catch a ride in your car, you make the S2000 ride more exciting and fun. So anytime.....

You would think someone who has owned S2000 for more than 2 years should know better not to let this happen. But due to being careless this happened. I learned that I need to be alert at all time and be extra careful when the S02s are well worned.

Well thanks again guys for making me feel alright and hopely I get to meet with you again soon.

So when is our next get together?
Old 11-19-2001, 08:52 AM

How about a tailgate party outside the body shop, so your S2K won't feel lonely. So you can party with us, and the cars can just do their things on the side.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Randyc
[B]You would think someone who has owned S2000 for more than 2 years should know better not to let this happen.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by Gregg

Shhhhhhhh......Nobody tell Bieg.
All credit to Randy for NOT blaming the car.

Randy sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Fender bender, call me stupid