Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Mid-Atlantic Community Organizer (CO) Nominations

Old 09-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Mid-Atlantic Community Organizer (CO) Nominations

Hello, Mid-A! mo19249, BearNVa, and possibly WhrDLMI have agreed to pass their CO torches on. Thank you guys for all you've done for the Mid-Atlantic S2000 community.

So who would you all like to see be your next COs? FWIW, one does not necessarily have to be a CO to plan cruises, drives, etc. (events in general). Everyone is free and sometimes encouraged to do that. With that in mind...

Originally Posted by HondaGal
The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Please keep in mind that once someone is nominated, there's no need to nominate them again (that's what the subsequent poll thread is for). If you are nominated but aren't interested in serving as CO, please state so. We'll leave this nomination thread open for about a week. Once the nominees have been selected, a poll thread will be opened.

Added 9/9/2014, edited 9/12/14:
Nominees so far are Mack21 and Mr Ak.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU
Hello, Mid-A! BearNVa and possibly WhrDLMI have agreed to pass their CO torches on. Thank you both for all you've done for the Mid-Atlantic S2000 community.

So who would you all like to see be your next COs? FWIW, one does not necessarily have to be a CO to plan cruises, drives, etc. (events in general). Everyone is free and sometimes encouraged to do that. With that in mind...

Originally Posted by HondaGal' timestamp='1040003309' post='1218102
The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Please keep in mind that once someone is nominated, there's no need to nominate them again (that's what the subsequent poll thread is for). If you are nominated but aren't interested in serving as CO, please state so. We'll leave this nomination thread open for about a week. Once the nominees have been selected, a poll thread will be opened.
Not from the forum perspective, but as an overall perspective, I have been arranging things for quite a while, with the help of Eddie Wilson. So I guess, just hope to make it more or less "official" for the both of us.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

FWIW, I think the nominees should be members and not guests.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nandska
I'm Eddie Wilson and I'm a member. This community is what sealed the deal for me to purchase an S2000. I'd love to help lead this community in the future and help grow it into the active group that it once was.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack21
Originally Posted by Nandska' timestamp='1410182676' post='23320885
I'm Eddie Wilson and I'm a member. This community is what sealed the deal for me to purchase an S2000. I'd love to help lead this community in the future and help grow it into the active group that it once was.

I was making a general statement.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nandska
Originally Posted by Mack21' timestamp='1410184365' post='23320937
[quote name='Nandska' timestamp='1410182676' post='23320885']

I was making a general statement.
[/quote]

Old 09-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With my new shop up and running, i would like to be more involved with the Mid-Atlantic region, Hosting in house Tech-Days and events. With that being said i am open to nominations

I've been on here for the past 6 years, attended almost every Tail of the Dragon event and many others over the years. I have a vast knowledge on the s2000 and can offer just about any service on the s2000. I will be opening a new account/username through my shop on here soon and will be a paid forum sponsor by 2015!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 112 Likes on 71 Posts

I really think we need a VA and a MD CO. I think the area and number of members is big enough to justify it. It's no one fault, but there just tends to be more official events in the neighborhood of the CO and not everyone wants to travel over an hour to the meets.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Big yes^^^

There seems to be few things in VA and most everything in MD and with a crazy work schedule I never make it out anywhere because the drive is not worth it in the end with how my work schedule is that day or the following.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are COs for different regions. Some just have been more active in scheduling events/meets than others.

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
I really think we need a VA and a MD CO. I think the area and number of members is big enough to justify it. It's no one fault, but there just tends to be more official events in the neighborhood of the CO and not everyone wants to travel over an hour to the meets.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Community Organizer (CO) Nominations