Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

S2Ki needs you. *****LOOK HERE*****

Old 04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down S2Ki needs you. *****LOOK HERE*****

I've been a mod since mid 2004 and over the past (almost) 2 years I've gotten to see a side of S2Ki that I never would have seen as a member. cthree and Hondagal keep the board problems quiet, but to a few people. S2Ki has been in technological decay for a while now - you can see it in how slow the board gets sometimes and the search function not being the greatest and other things...... The problem comes from not being able to afford the purchase of new servers. Gold Memberships are what drive S2Ki's funds for better things and Memberships simply keep the ship afloat however Gold Memberships have become stagnant.

This thread is a plea to donate money to this International Community:

Originally Posted by xviper
Site admins, please move this thread to where you think it would benefit the most. Heaven forbid that I should post it in the wrong forum. wink.gif

Some of you may have noticed that lately, the site has been a bit slow. My enquiries led me to the following:

If you didn't know this already, Community Organizers have had complimentary memberships. Because the site could use with some more income to make the constant improvements necessary, I have voluntarily chosen to buy a Gold Membership. Old stuff needs to be replaced and new stuff needs to be added. User-ship has sky-rocketed year by year and this places higher demands upon the equipment that runs this site.

I don't care where all the money comes from nor do I care where it goes or how it's spent. I look at my injection of money purely as a donation. I do not consider that I have "bought" anything. What I get out of this site hasn't changed because I sent in money. Heck I donated to this site to keep it going when there were no memberships being sold. I expect nothing more in return nor do I expect special treatment just because I bought a G. Membership when I didn't have to. I even expect to be punished when I'm bad or break the rules and I'll even NOT object if I were banned for it. I wouldn't even expect a refund. That money is theirs. If it runs the site better and longer, that's fine by me.

Whether or not you buy a membership is up to you and how you interpret what you should get back for that money is also up to you. If you enjoy this site, if you use this site and if you have benefitted from this site in some way, at least give it due consideration. Is it worth a few bucks to you?

That is all. Thanks for reading.

Here is a copy/paste of Cthree's reply to me when I enquired:
Originally Posted by cthree
It's slow because we need more servers and don't have the money to buy them. I need more memberships, especially gold memberships ASAP so I can buy some new servers. I just shelled out $3500 for a new database server today which should net some nice gains but I still need to spend another $6-8K this year on more and also to replace a couple of dogs.

We should start to see some improvement around the end of next week from the new database server but it's only one of several bottlenecks.

Please, please signup and take out a membership. I know it's something that's easy to put off but we need the money in a big way and we need it now. If you put it off then it just pushes off purchases I can't make without it and means a slower site for longer. This is no joke, we really do need the money. Thanks!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=376100 <----click here for more.

Yes, there is also a problem with CO's/Mods who up their memberships (hence my gold stars).
Old 04-06-2006, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is slow because of excessive WHORING, but that is just my opinion...
Old 04-06-2006, 02:59 PM

I just upped mine to a gold.

Happy s2ki bday to me
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM

Happy B-Day
Old 04-06-2006, 04:15 PM

If it means more :cap1:'s its worth it!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by S2KinVA,Apr 6 2006, 07:15 PM
If it means more :cap1:'s its worth it!
where do i upgrade
Old 04-06-2006, 05:03 PM

*edit : just completed the upgrade
Old 04-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys
Old 04-06-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I will be purchasing a gold membership next week. For those that are guest, please look in your wallets/purse to see if you can at least buy a membership. On the upside, you'll be able to sell things on the forums.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Apr 6 2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys
no prob Alex...so why the change from Mod to CO?

Quick Reply: S2Ki needs you. *****LOOK HERE*****