Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Smartphone / PDA 'hookup' ? ? ?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Smartphone / PDA 'hookup' ? ? ?

Hey folks...

My wife, Taska, is looking towards a smartphone / PDA / blackberry to keep up with her clients (via Outlook). Our cell service provider is Sprint...and I'd like to know if anyone on our Mid-A boards might be able to offer us better-than-Sprint pricing for such a device. Would need to be compatible with Sprint network (or I suppose 'unlocked' so it can similarly be *used* on Sprint's network ?).

Lemme know... Not in a rush, and just now starting to price around. But again, if there's folks on our boards that can be of any assistance...

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

i can't help on the price stuff but i love my blackberry. it is such a lifesaver/timesaver, having all of my emails come to one device and then being able to email through each on and having it show up as "that email" just having the "sent with my blackberry device" signature at the bottom of each one. it also deletes my yahoo emails directly from the phone.

you could always call sprints cancellation dept and bitch for some reason....they'll do whatever it takes more or less to keep you with them
Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 AM

I recently got out of my sprint contract without penalty and switched to t-mobile. In the beginning of the year they sent out a notice saying they were going to add about $1.50 to my bill(and everyone else's) and eliminate some of the taxes that were put in place the last 2 years. These taxes were mandated from the government IIRC. Once they changed my contract by adding that $1.50, it directly voided my signed agreement. One simple call to them and they offered to give my 15% off my bill, I chose to cancel due to the change

As for the phone part, I went with the blackberry curve, and love it There are some good new activation deals going on out there but outside of a new activation the phone itself is pretty expensive.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Highlift,Feb 6 2008, 09:57 AM
I recently got out of my sprint contract without penalty and switched to t-mobile. In the beginning of the year they sent out a notice saying they were going to add about $1.50 to my bill(and everyone else's) and eliminate some of the taxes that were put in place the last 2 years. These taxes were mandated from the government IIRC. Once they changed my contract by adding that $1.50, it directly voided my signed agreement. One simple call to them and they offered to give my 15% off my bill, I chose to cancel due to the change

As for the phone part, I went with the blackberry curve, and love it There are some good new activation deals going on out there but outside of a new activation the phone itself is pretty expensive.