Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

T-Mobile phone deals

Old 10-18-2005, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

February 9th Derek... that is when my Sprint contract ends!

Once it does, I'll be either going Verizon or TMobile. From what I understand those are two providers that have good service just about everywhere.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Oct 18 2005, 04:47 PM

Once it does, I'll be either going Verizon or TMobile. From what I understand those are two providers that have good service just about everywhere.

T-Mobile operates on GSM network. If you get a GSM Tri-Band (900/1800/1900Mhz) phone that is not locked (phones sold by one carrier won't accept another carrier's SIM card), when you travel, say most European and Asian countries, just purchase a local Mobile service operator's pre-paid SIM card, put it in the phone and ready to call. I got one at the 7-11 in Taiwan which is by the way MUCH nicer than the ones here

Or you can pay roughly $1.00 USD/minute as long as the local operators have roaming agreement/service with your service provider in the US, check out http://www.gsmworld.com/.

I personally prefer an unlocked phone because I have family and friends overseas so when I am there, I need to make lots of local calls frequently, and its cheaper this way.

Derek, no phone for me but thanks for the reply.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Oct 18 2005, 03:47 PM

Verizon operates on the same sytle network as Sprint and they share towers.... Ill see you feb 9th.

GSM is the way to go, becuase like he said, it can work anywhere in the world. US and Canada are just about the only countries that use CDMA at all.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't want to hijack this thread so i will try to keep this simple.

just because two carriers use the same type of signal, doesn't mean they give the same type of coverage. If that is true, T-Mobile and ATTW/Cingular are the same.. and i don't think you want to be assiociated with them...

All carriers sooner or later will share tower spaces, partly because of cost, but a majority of the time it is because the officials don't want to see 7 towers lined up one after the other down the highways...

US and Canada are not the only countries using CDMA. Asia, africa and europe all have CDMA too. GSM is cheaper to start up, that is why so many developing countries use it. CDMA was a US government project and thus it took longer to get out.

I said it in previous posts about wireless carriers. ALl companies can give you great deals, and from what i see here, this is a heck of a deal. What it comes down to is coverage and service. ask around your neighborhood, your co-workers, see what they use and ask them what they like/don't like. that, in my opinion, is the best way to get a clear understanding. Don't look at the carrier's website and try to figure out the coverage maps...

good luck s2k_PikeStyle, hope you get that hardtop...
Old 10-18-2005, 09:42 PM

Tom should talk to you since he just got his activation last week. ...
Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=dkhl,Oct 18 2005, 08:22 PM] don't want to hijack this thread so i will try to keep this simple.

just because two carriers use the same type of signal, doesn't mean they give the same type of coverage.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 AM

the only thing verizon needs to beat Tmobile is a hot girl, like catherine Zeta-Jones instead of the testman and we will be #1 everywhere!!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:33 PM

First off.. .Thanks for highjacking my thread... Second... JD powers has said otherwize for the past 2 years. Pm me if you have anything to say, stop positng in my thread.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 AM

Bump.... New Price Plan.... 1500 anytime minutes with unlimited ngihts and weeknds for just 49.99. Without nights and weekends, just 39.99.

No other company provides a plan like this. PM me if i can help. This plan is only guaranteed for this month and def. will not go past the new year.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:56 AM

now can you add a ssecond line to this plan? If so, I am pretty interested. Also, what kinda phones are they throwing in? Still the same?

Quick Reply: T-Mobile phone deals