Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Track or bling- CF trunk... interested?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Track or bling- CF trunk... interested?

I know some of the track guys/gals may want to add a wing for the upcoming season, but do not want to cut their stock trunklids. Personally, I don't a trunklid without holes. There may be some add'l folks that may want the CF trunklid, too.

Anyway, I've been checking around, looking for used, etc. Back in the day('02-'03), we used to do local GB's with Zaino, Muz, etc. We'd usually meet, have dinner, and exchange new toys. In that spirit, I'm wondering if even one or two of you might be interested in ordering together. Chances are we'd get a small discount and save on shipping. I've been quoted $550 shipped with no discount. Anyone here could get that price simply by calling.

Timetable for this is not immediate- unless 8 of you want to order today. Personally, I'm looking at January/February.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact civicsleepa, he mightbe able to get you a really good deal with seibon. Plus hes shipping is fast specially when its coming from cali.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM

I already have a company I'm looking to deal with. Currently the MG trunk is the same price as the Seibon for a single purchase. Seibon is last option for me. Time is not a necessity. Thank you for the offer though. By the way, want company does your mentioned guy work for?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip : I am interested!!

Any ball park price?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by 4W MCYL,Dec 4 2007, 09:27 AM
Skip : I am interested!!

Any ball park price?
Good morning, Mani. I've added it to the first post. That price is if you wanted to pick up the phone and order one right now by yourself.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Dec 4 2007, 12:49 AM
I already have a company I'm looking to deal with. Currently the MG trunk is the same price as the Seibon for a single purchase. Seibon is last option for me. Time is not a necessity. Thank you for the offer though. By the way, want company does your mentioned guy work for?
civicsleepa works for himself i believe. i ordered the MG hood from him as well and his customer service was excellent. there was no PM chasing--before the hood shipped, he was calling me on a daily basis with updates. to this day, if he sees one of my posts regarding any aftermarket product, he will give me a call with deals he can hook me up with.

Skip, which MG trunk are you referring to?? the only designs i'm familiar with are the Asuka and OEM styles. is it one by that company called Feather Weight? i saw Shostoppers USA's GB thread but there were no pics of the Feather Weight stuff. if i like their design more, i might get one of those and sell my Asuka locally.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skip, I think this kind of small, local group buy thing is a great idea (especially for our community of track enthusiasts). I'm not in the market for a trunk (seeing as how mine's already "holy" ), but I wanted to chime in with some support in the hopes that maybe this isn't the an isolated incident
Old 12-04-2007, 06:13 AM

Feather Weight is Mastergrade under a new name/ownership. Supposedly their trunklids are half the weight of the Seibon counterpart.

For those that aren't aware, the OEM trunklid is very heavy, especially when you compare it to the hood, which is significantly larger. Swapping trunklids is literally no more than a ten minute job once you have the new lid marked for alignment. It is also a one-person job.

Thanks, Jeff.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Dec 4 2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning, Mani. I've added it to the first post. That price is if you wanted to pick up the phone and order one right now by yourself.
I'm in no rush either. Spring next year is my target also. I'm still interested.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by 4W MCYL,Dec 4 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm in no rush either. Spring next year is my target also. I'm still interested.
Another benefit to the replacement/switching is removing weight from higher on the car. Although my header-back exhaust is only 9lbs(significant weight savings), it is from under the car, thereby raising the car's CG. Now, is that change measurable? Dunno, but it's there.

Quick Reply: Track or bling- CF trunk... interested?