Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

TSB turned out to be a major headache @ Jim coleman- some advice needed!!!

Old 05-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Sen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB turned out to be a major headache @ Jim coleman- some advice needed!!!

Hey guys,
Okay, so I take my car to Jim coleman to get the tranny buzz and 2nd gear grind tsb done...

Quoted everything done in 3-4 days... but then they were missing a part, so they ordered it and it went over passed the weekend.
The next week, it turns out that something in the tranny was 'chipped' when they put everything back together and test drove it.

Tranny undergoes another 3 days of work... today, they call me and tell me that its not idling correctly or something of the sort. They also inform me that they think that the sycros were put in backwards? And they are going to need another 2-3 days...

What I think: Coleman defintely has excellent customer service- very friend people, and very reasonable. They are going to get me a loaner for the weekend tomorrow, so thats a good gesture.

But am I looking at a permanently damaged transmission?? I guess its hard to tell without details, but I mean- what should I ask for? I don't really care about free oil changes and whatnot- I just want a fixed car that won't die on me later... argh... I'm not one to start yelling into the phone- cause I don't believe that anything will be accomplished by it.

Advice please!!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Sen

I believe there are some board members who have relationships with jim coleman? I saw a nice s2k w/ volk gtu's, cf hood and cf trunk getting work done to it. Some help plz!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:48 PM

If you plan on keeping the vehicle, I would request that either JCH extend your warranty on the transmission for 2years or 24,000 miles outside of the standard 3/36. This is a very simple and fair request.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Sen

excellent recommendation- I think I'll go with that
Old 05-13-2004, 07:50 PM

off the beaten path here.. but if you bought a used S.. can u bring it to a honda dealer to get tsb's done? and how do u know if it was done on that particular car?
Old 05-14-2004, 02:30 AM
Sen

well it depends on if there is remaining warrenty. All S's come with 3/36 included with the car and it transfers with owner to owner.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:15 AM

Originally posted by Blkturbos2k
If you plan on keeping the vehicle, I would request that either JCH extend your warranty on the transmission for 2years or 24,000 miles outside of the standard 3/36. This is a very simple and fair request.
Sen,

I think asking them to extend the warranty is a great suggestion. In my dealings with JC, they have been nothing short of great to work with - putting the syncros in backwords is something that would happen if "I" was working on a car (which is why I don't work on cars!), I'm pretty surprised they admitted it - at least it's somewhat comforting that they're willing to stand by thier work, the good AND the bad. Keep us informed!!

Steve
Old 05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Sen

hey-
so heres what happened:

I requested an extended warrenty on the car-
I talked to the manager and he refused. However, he inferred that "Jim Coleman takes care of its customers very well. However, if you require a written statement, we cannot do that" That was the gist of what he said.

So at this point, I don't know.... but they did get me a rental car (2004 sebring) that would get me to tuesday...

My opinion: I just want this to be fixed... What began as a normal TSB has turned into a headache. I just want them to finish and let me get on with my life. (and with no problems down the line)

I believe the customer service is still excellent- everyone has been nothing but friendly to me. I think the rental car has been a nice gesture, but an excellent top of the line-mechanic would have done the job the first time without fudging it up.

From what I can tell- they got a tech to put it all together after the real mechanic did all the tranny work, and thats when it all went to crap.

Opinions?
Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 PM

I work for Honda, if they wont put it in writing then you can tell them you are going to call AHM, Honda. Hondas # is 1-800-999-1009. thats the (Iam going 2 bitch #)
Old 05-17-2004, 05:52 AM

Originally posted by Blkturbos2k
I work for Honda, if they wont put it in writing then you can tell them you are going to call AHM, Honda. Hondas # is 1-800-999-1009. thats the (Iam going 2 bitch #)
Sounds like solid advice to me - I still don't understand why JC won't just type something up that says they'll cover the work they did in case there 'was' permanent damage done by thier mistake rather than take this route and let AH know that they botched a repair job and were maybe a little suspect on how they handled it...

Quick Reply: TSB turned out to be a major headache @ Jim coleman- some advice needed!!!