Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

turbo vs SC

Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo vs SC

so i was reading some of the post and then i got to the 9 sec pass that inline pro did which makes me wonder. i am, and prolly always will be a turbo guy however for the S it jus seems that the way to go is SC because its jus more reliable. i am planing on one day adding one of the two and jus trying to get some advice from the people that have already done it.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allow me to be the first to say search and be the first to say check the FI forum and the first to say sc can f stuff up just as well as a turbo...if u want out of the box slap on and roll then yeah sc...but if your going to tinker and tune.... turbo
Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 AM

what i want and plan to do is to set up a stroker kit and build off that. i was reading somethings off inline pro and i like the stroker kits power and that way i was almost ready to do either one
Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 AM

depends on your budget, purpose, etc. if i had a choice turbo though, reliability has been proven with inline kits so I don't think that is so much that issue as maybe it once was, get everything done right with good maintenance and you should be fine
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Sparrow was there throught the entire process when i went turbo. He was there for the installation and tune and even went with me for the very first run. let me tell you. the torque you have from downlow was amazing and the pull all the way to redline was also just as amazing. its easier to get the HP from the turbo but just a crank of the boost and tune.

with a supercharger, its fast, but your max hp and torque is at the peak of the power band. its up to you what you want..
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 AM

what did u get out of your turbo? and what did u have to build on the motor to hold it?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by mlem,Jun 11 2008, 11:29 AM
what did u get out of your turbo? and what did u have to build on the motor to hold it?
If i had the ability to lock this thread I would...in fact we need to place this thread under citizens arrest...My first post told you everything u need to know...allen didn't have to build anything as the s2k comes with a stout engine that includes forged internals from the factory...if you have enough money to get a stroker and then build from there you should be on the phone with inlinepro right now but it appears your vehicular mental capacity dwindles in comparison to the assumed size of your wallet...not being mean jus getting str8 to the point...and he had 300hp at 8k but all i'ma say is area under the curve
Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 AM

hmm i dont think you've done enough turbo research, you don't need to build anything to hold it, our engines are pretty strong to begin with although I would suggest a 3m headgasket if your pushing more than 10psi just to be on the safe side.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 AM

lol sparrow meanie, to the MLEM just call inline, your easiest and best bet, it aint cheap but they will make it pretty much bulletproof for you
Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by s2kkyo,Jun 11 2008, 11:35 AM
lol sparrow meanie
Street cred

Quick Reply: turbo vs SC