Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

what cell company?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cell company?

hey all, my suncom yearly contracted is coming to an end next month and i'm thinking about changing companies. i dont konw, something about dropping calls all the time and getting call incompleted on my cell non-stop around 5 o'clock just drives me up a wall.

anyways, what kinda cell companies do you guys have and what kinda plans if you dont mind me asking... what do you recommend, cause i'm debating Sprint right now, but i heard their customer service SUCKS.

thanx,
chad
Old 01-21-2004, 09:36 AM

Same here Chad, Suncom SUCKS big time.

to change providers. My contract is up in 2 weeks.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:57 AM

Received 770 Likes on 460 Posts

Verizon is the way to go. Best cell service and customer service. Don't go cingular or at&t wireless (which is being bought out by cingular). They already share the same network (which sucks).

I currently have cingular, but I am looking at Verizon or maybe Nextel, but Nextel's reception area is limited to big cities; however, I have a bunch of friends that use Nextel.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nextel now, and its has its pros and cons just like any other company. I would suggest nextel or verizon too. If i could keep my cell # I might switch to verizon.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Former Moderator

I hear verison it the best. Sprint's customer service sucks ass. I have sprint and am just waiting for the right deal from verison to switch.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:28 AM

verizon has the best coverage, but the phones switch automatically between digital and analog, so sometimes you get staticy reception, which would bug me more than it just dropping.

I have Sprint, and have had it for over 3 years. After 2 years of having them, I moved up here to Fburg, and my phone was kinda out of date and didnt have the digital 3G technology.. so I bought a Verizon phone, and a ATT phone, and tried them all on my commute to work. They both seemed to be the same, so I called sprint to cancel. now heres the good part.
The cancel department has all the power, the regular billing department is kinda a pain, but they had credited me for some issues earlier.
However, when I talked to the cancelling department, I said I get crappy reception with my phone, he says you have a old phone, we'll buy you a new one.
I say sweet, but I can get unlimited minutes with suncom for 50 bucks, what can you give me, he says how bout 1000 daytime, 1000 pcs to pcs, and 3000 night and weekend (this was a custom plan then, they just came out with a better one including nights starting at 7pm)
So I took it, and that contract actually ended in november so I assume I'm going month to month, But over the past year, I have never even opened my bill... Its automatically charged to my credit card, and as long as its not too much over 50, then thats fine.

The bottom line is, haggle with your suncom's cancellation dept, and you have to quote a current competiting plan. They may hook you up, they may not.
If you switch, do verizon or sprint. Verizon is slightly more expensive, but has better coverage. Sprint is nationwide and has worked just fine for me.

Good luck.
Cheers,
-J

for my longest s2ki post ever, and its not even about cars.
there should be a rating next to PPD of WPP (words per post).. to show the diff between the whores and the peoples with something to say
Old 01-21-2004, 10:42 AM

nextel rules!!!!!!!!!, tried cingular, sprint, att, and verizon, like someone said, they all have pros and cons.and yes now you can take your number elsewhere
Old 01-21-2004, 11:27 AM

hey dudes.. if you need help.. let me know... i'm in the business sales department of verizon wireless.

BTW, don't let airgate hear what you say about Suncom. He works for that company...
Old 01-21-2004, 11:30 AM

just switched sprint -> verizon. lemme agree with the dude above though and say that sprint has the BEST retention plans out there!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:01 PM

I used to be a customer service rep for Sprint and I don't suck....
When I went through training a few years ago we learned that basically all companies share the towers and just rent the towers usage from the owner of the tower.

I could be wrong.

I still have Sprint and it works fine for me.

Dan

Quick Reply: what cell company?