Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Where to get OEM hardtop?

Old 12-09-2009, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get OEM hardtop?

All,
Has anyone else had a problem communicating with hardtopguy via his site? I want to purchase an OEM hardtop and I would love to be part of a group-buy, but regardless I cannot seem to get a response from him.

If he is no longer selling hardtops, where else (short of my local Honda dealership) would you recommend as a reputable dealer of OEM hardtops for a not exorbitant amount of money?

If you would not recommend an OEM hardtop (and I know some of you will not) - which would you recommend? I would like a defroster and glass (not plexi) ... so?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 04:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my hardtop from my local dealer over 3 years ago, for under 3k. I would have to call and see how much they are now.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

I love my hard top. does really make the car feel more like a coupe.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you tried calling him? From what I understand, people have been saying that it's eaiser to reach him by phone.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=Ankh,Dec 9 2009, 08:31 AM] All,
Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I know for a fact that HTG flew to California this past Friday and installed a hardtop for a customer that night- flew back to Cleveland Saturday. When we were on the phone Friday evening(our time), he casually mentioned about the 65* weather.

So yeah, he's selling hardtops. As for group buys on hardtops, I'm guessing that's never happening again... no need from a supply/demand standpoint. If enough folks in this area got tops at the same time, he might be able to swing something with delivery/installation though.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 AM

Yea, I sent Jeff a couple emails over the last couple days and never got a response by either e-mail or phone. I just went to my dealer in the end.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Dec 9 2009, 11:10 AM
... casually mentioned about the 65* weather. :mad: :D
Lucky!

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Dec 9 2009, 11:10 AM
As for group buys on hardtops, I'm guessing that's never happening again... no need from a supply/demand standpoint. :) If enough folks in this area got tops at the same time, he might be able to swing something with delivery/installation though. :thumbup:
Actually, now that I think about it, you are right - I meant more along the lines of last year's group-installation specials moreso than a group-buy. Of course, last year when that was happening I did not have the cash on hand ... grrr.

Thank you all for your suggestions - I will try giving him a call one of these evenings! Oh, and if anyone else is interested in an OEM hardtop, post a reply and that way I can mention it to HTG when I call - maybe I can help (not a member) facilitate something that benefits us all.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 AM

Funny, I'm on the phone with him right now.

If he had four sales in this area, he could do $3200 delivered/INSTALLED.

People, call him. His number is on the site.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ankh,Dec 9 2009, 12:15 PM
Lucky!

Actually, now that I think about it, you are right - I meant more along the lines of last year's group-installation specials moreso than a group-buy. Of course, last year when that was happening I did not have the cash on hand ... grrr.

Thank you all for your suggestions - I will try giving him a call one of these evenings! Oh, and if anyone else is interested in an OEM hardtop, post a reply and that way I can mention it to HTG when I call - maybe I can help (not a member) facilitate something that benefits us all.
Evening? He doesn't work at night. He's at work right now.

Quick Reply: Where to get OEM hardtop?