Mid-A Swap Meet Member Classified Ads in the Mid-A Region

SOLD! 2006 New Formula Red S2000 - 43,000 miles

Old 12-08-2011, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD! 2006 New Formula Red S2000 - 43,000 miles

Update (12/19/11) - Price drop to $18,750. Mobil1 oil change w/Honda filter and Honda MTF transmission fluid change performed last week. Ready to go!

Update (12/26/11) - Honda OEM front brake pads installed! Make an offer!

Sony HU and Polk Components (Spring '11)
New Continental DW tires (Spring '11)
New battery (Summer '11)
New brake pads (Winter '11)

I am selling my 2006 Honda S2000. It has approximately 43,000 miles on it as of today. The color is New Formula Red with black leather interior.

I am the second owner of the car. I purchased the car last October from a dealership and I do still have a loan on it through BMW Financial Services.

Since purchasing I have added new tires (Continental DW) this spring, a Sony headunit, and new Polk component speakers. I've also added a Modifry DCI adapter The Sony head unit also allows you to connect to your cell phone via Bluetooth which allows you to stream music (including Pandora) wirelessly to your car. Works flawlessly and again you can control Pandora with the dash controls. No other modifications have been made to the car and I still have the factory head unit but not the factory speakers.

I also have the factory toneau cover.

The car is in very good condition. I've always hand washed the car and detailed it twice a year (once in spring and once in fall). There are no rips in the convertible top.

The car has never been raced or abused. The interior is a 9/10. Never smoked in.

If you run a CarFax report you'll see the previous owner was involved in a minor collision which resulted in repair to the front bumper and driver's front fender. At the time I purchased the car I really could not even tell any body work had been performed. Since then however, the clear coat work on the front bumper has started to peel. I recently obtained a quote from D&V Autobody in Sterling (a very reputable shop) to buff the bumper, fix any other scrapes or chips and re-paint the front bumper to match the factory paint. The quote was $850 with a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car. Since I plan on selling the car it may be best for the new owner to have the work done so that they can take advantage of the warranty. No other accidents or incidents involving the car have occurred since I have owned it. The rest of the exterior is in very good shape with only a few stone chips or other flaws (it is a 5-6 year old car afterall). My neighbor recently commented "I've never seen this car dirty before!" while I was washing it. Overall, the exterior is a 8/10 considering the front bumper requiring new paint.

I have documented every fill-up and maintenance since I've purchased the car. It gets 24-25 miles per gallon (about 300 miles to a tank) routinely with some tanks getting 28 mpg. The car has also recently been inspected. The car has always been garaged.

Test drives will occur in Ashburn Village near where I live (preferably on weekends) or in Chantilly during the days with me riding along with you. Please, if you can't drive a manual car, your test drive is not the time to learn. The reason for selling the car is that my wife and I are buying a house and we've decided we need a 4-door vehicle.

Pictures

Mileage as of 12/3/11

Sony headunit

Polk components

Interior

Always regularly hand washed with high-end products (Adam's car shampoo, etc)

Clean engine bay

VIN

Photos of clear coat peeling on front bumper

Few rock chips/scrapes on lower front bumper

Clear coat blisters on front bumper

Clean rear bumper

Some curb rash on passenger rear wheel from previous owner
Old 12-08-2011, 04:04 AM

Recent state inspection
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 AM

Is there a price somewhere in there?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Opps! Added. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if your plate will be available for me to get!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Bump
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 AM

Mobil 1 oil change w/Honda filter and Honda MTF transmission fluid change performed last week!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:15 PM

New OEM front brake pads installed tonight. She's ready to go! Make an offer!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Car was detailed over the weekend. Machine polish, compound, and wax. She looks so good I'm really starting to wish I wasn't selling her!

Lots of local interest. She'll be gone soon. If you're interested now is your chance!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Sale pending.

Quick Reply: SOLD! 2006 New Formula Red S2000 - 43,000 miles