Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

If your girlfriend of 5 years were $5,500 in credit card debt.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't pay it till you are married. she needs to get that income up
Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluemetals2k
I would want to marry her, however she wants kids. And I am firmly against that before when we met, now while were together, and anytime in the future! I,mean come on guys how am I suppose to get my racing career off the ground with kids tieing me down?!? LOL
Seriously? Then why are you with her? Many differences can be worked through (career goals, religion, desired geographic location, etc.), but differing on wanting kids doenst go away.

As she gets older, her desire will only grow stronger. If she doesn't get the family she wants, that desire will eventually turn to resentment.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:58 AM

And on a somewhat related note; My GF (of about a year) had a few thousand in assorted debt when we met. Most of it had gone to collections, and with my help, she got it all paid off for only a few hundred!
Old 08-09-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Originally Posted by bluemetals2k' timestamp='1438988371' post='23707835
I would want to marry her, however she wants kids. And I am firmly against that before when we met, now while were together, and anytime in the future! I,mean come on guys how am I suppose to get my racing career off the ground with kids tieing me down?!? LOL
Seriously? Then why are you with her? Many differences can be worked through (career goals, religion, desired geographic location, etc.), but differing on wanting kids doenst go away.

As she gets older, her desire will only grow stronger. If she doesn't get the family she wants, that desire will eventually turn to resentment.
I made this VERY VERY clear when we first met and even now I didnt want kids ever. I tell her if she wants kids she has to get rid of her horse, no more teaching lessons cause you wont have ANY time for that or to compete in horse shows etc etc. She would have to get rid of her dog and accept she will have no free time to go out or do anything. She says she will make time but she knows in her head Im right and doesnt want to admit it. I love her she loves me blah blah blah but I absolutely dont want kids and if she one day says were breaking up because of it then so be it but until then were happy together with each others company.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:31 PM

Not really sure I see the point of continuing something that at this point seems to be going the wrong direction. Not trying to insult you by any means but seems you both have the wrong mentality towards things. If all this is is enjoying someone's company there's plenty cheaper ways to do so while maintaining a relationship with someone else who see's eye to eye with you? Just the way I look at it. Something as simple as kids isn't going to just go away or something you can get rid of like the horse. She wants kids and is set on it and you don't want them? Sounds like a recipe for some nice enjoyable fights down the road followed by a swift divorce if marriage was to enter the equation. And honestly would be a little selfish to keep her from something she wants in the end if she truly does want kids just to have someone for company around. Seems as though you two are both long due ending something and no one wants to go ahead and pull the trigger so to speak.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Originally Posted by bluemetals2k' timestamp='1438988371' post='23707835

I disagree, people change and as long as you change together im sure you guys can reach the goals together.

My wife and I have been married for 8 years next week. We talked about kids in the beginning and first couple years. Now we wouldn't have kids at all. haha! To many car parts to buy.

(She has her own Honda toy now)

Old 08-11-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is useless without pics..

Of said GF.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:34 PM

If you don't want kids, you don't want kids. Get a vasectomy.

Parents should *both* desperately want kids, or they shouldn't have them. The vasectomy will make it obvious to potential wives that you're serious about not having kids, and it will save you from having an unscrupulous GF make the decision for you without your input.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by iridedumped
I disagree, people change and as long as you change together im sure you guys can reach the goals together.

My wife and I have been married for 8 years next week. We talked about kids in the beginning and first couple years. Now we wouldn't have kids at all. haha! To many car parts to buy.

(She has her own Honda toy now)
More power to you and your wife, but I'd say you are the exception; a wife's desire to have kids rarely subsides. The biological clock normally gets louder over time.

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000

Of said GF.

Originally Posted by grubinski
If you don't want kids, you don't want kids. Get a vasectomy.

Parents should *both* desperately want kids, or they shouldn't have them. The vasectomy will make it obvious to potential wives that you're serious about not having kids, and it will save you from having an unscrupulous GF make the decision for you without your input.
True!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000

Of said GF.
Here ya go guys
Attached Thumbnails If your girlfriend of 5 years were $5,500 in credit card debt.-20150417_185539.jpg  

Quick Reply: If your girlfriend of 5 years were $5,500 in credit card debt.