Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

Seeking Real Estate Investment Advice - Which Scenario is better?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Jul 29 2008, 10:56 AM
bigger properties that are easier to manage have smaller margins than small properties that are hard to manage.

all investment easy to manage properties where cash inflows exceed outflows dont exist, otherwise one could buy unlimited property right and manage them? in the realestate game, sweat equity is a must and ur money is still at risk.

obviously, its ideal where u have a commercial piece of property with a triple net lease and 0 maintainence...impossible to obtain tho, without paying a huge premium requiring tons of capital, thus making early cashflow negative at the end of each month. you would need additional income to supplement the negative until it becomes positive. breakeven point is set really high and thats wut keeps the average person from entering.

i am waiting on the market to tank a little more until i buy my first property in the bay area of cali...half a million to live in teh ghetto yay!!!!!!
It's true that it is only commercial investments are only efficient with lots of capital and as a long term investment. However you can turn around pretty nicely on some smaller projects that are quicker to plan, build, and fill! And for those that are into small businesses, occupying much of the property opens up doors to lots of creative financing.