Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

crashed!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper,Jul 15 2007, 04:52 PM
3. A founding father of alternative humour
or
4. A tool
PMSL!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks neil H, have not got a clue how to work these things, dont no the diff betwen were and where either am afraid sorry!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Jul 15 2007, 05:47 PM
Chesh, you were sadly right 2 years ago.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Jul 15 2007, 05:47 PM
That looks bad
Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikey k,Jul 15 2007, 05:40 PM
Incoming lock V shortly me thinks
Shame. Not read anything interesting on here for ages.

Russ.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:53 AM

This has got to be the most entertaining thread i have read for a while on here.

To be fair Alex, sometimes what you say is quite hard to understand.

If i was you i think about how much it would cost to buy those bits @ the cheapest prices from say fenland breakers or ebay. Have a ring around.

But as the same time see how much this would affect your insurance and if all good put a claim in.

On a side note the S is an unforgiving car as youve found out, i have never banged mine but had the backend step out once or twice.

Best of luck anyways.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by jonsey77,Jul 15 2007, 05:51 PM
That looks bad
I know

3/4 length trousers on a council estate.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 AM

I don't know where to post. All I can say is that after my first very amateurish post I was welcomed with open arms by the community.

I can understand long-standing members feeling protective about the forum. I love the English language and all its subtle nuances but I felt that I had to make a stand against gaddafi's bigoted and unhelpful response to a3lkx.

I have the greatest respect for gaddafi, he is a successful and clever man and accessing this forum has enabled me to marvel at his and other clever member's debating skills.

I am basically a chav. I was too thick for a university education and have made my way in life running my own business engaged in manual work. Horticulture is a very boring business peopled by very boring protagonists. It has been a revelation for me to interact with so many clever and funny people who I would never have a hope of meeting in my offline life.

As far as I know this was a3lkx's first post. He was in trouble. He is passionate about his S. We are passionate about ours. a3lkx obviously has a serious literacy problem. I decided that it would be wrong of me to ignore what I thought was an inappropriate response from gaddafi. Manners maketh man. a3lkx was our guest. g's response was not gentlemanly. I am afraid to say that it diminishes him in my eyes.

As the S becomes increasingly affordable more people like me and a3lkx will appear on here. I think that if we are passionate we should be embraced. a3lkx did nothing wrong other than coming across as illiterate which has the connotations of being thick. There are plenty of bright members on here with perfect English to dilute the effect.

Far better someone like him than the very well-educated young man with an overweening attitude who came on crowing about how he thought that he was the youngest owner and who justifiably got short shrift.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Jul 15 2007, 05:54 PM
I don't know where to post. All I can say is that after my first very amateurish post I was welcomed with open arms by the community.

I can understand long-standing members feeling protective about the forum. I love the English language and all its subtle nuances but I felt that I had to make a stand against gaddafi's bigoted and unhelpful response to a3lkx.

I have the greatest respect for gaddafi, he is a successful and clever man and accessing this forum has enabled me to marvel at his and other clever member's debating skills.

I am basically a chav. I was too thick for a university education and have made my way in life running my own business engaged in manual work. Horticulture is a very boring business peopled by very boring protagonists. It has been a revelation for me to interact with so many clever and funny people who I would never have a hope of meeting in my offline life.

As far as I know this was a3lkx's first post. He was in trouble. He is passionate about his S. We are passionate about ours. a3lkx obviously has a serious literacy problem. I decided that it would be wrong of me to ignore what I thought was an inappropriate response from gaddafi. Manners maketh man. a3lkx was our guest. g's response was not gentlemanly. I am afraid to say that it diminishes him in my eyes.

As the S becomes increasingly affordable more people like me and a3lkx will appear on here. I think that if we are passionate we should be embraced. a3lkx did nothing wrong other than coming across as illiterate which has the connotations of being thick. There are plenty of bright members on here with perfect English to dilute the effect.

Far better someone like him than the very well-educated young man with an overweening attitude who came on crowing about how he thought that he was the youngest owner and who justifiably got short shrift.
Good post, an alternative view.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 AM

Quick Reply: crashed!