Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

Petrol

Old 05-14-2015, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NicoS
Lol sorry I didn't realise that changing a car battery just required some common sense. I guess I'm in need of a little more of it.
All in jest and good humor. As was mentioned, not everyone has the experience of changing things like batteries etc so it's best to ask rather than risk cocking it up or even worse damaging something!
Old 05-14-2015, 03:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andy2000
I also remember driving my S away from the dealer backin 2003 when I bought it and then having to phone them up on the way home to ask how to open the fuel flap. I expect they had a good laugh about that, and fortunately I was at the end of the phone, thus sparing my embarrassment.
But that's understandable the fuel flap button is in a very odd place, and not somewhere you would think to look.

When I bought my Toyota Hiace van I sat on the forecourt reading the manual for 5 mins before I found the fuel flap button.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys all drive your own cars? Wow!!!

I have an expert drive mine to work and back for me while I take a train. The roads are far too risky for amateurs like me.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:09 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

My car goes to bed in November and by the time March gets here I have forgotten I have an S2000 in the garage
...not alone how to drive it
...or where the FN filler car pully thing is!

The amount of times I lean forward in the drivers seat to where the pully thing is in the CRV and open the S200s FN bonnet.
I then have to check the oil to make it look like I did it on purpose.
...and then spend a few minutes talking to the Civic owner on pump 3 who likes the look of my shiny S2000 engine.

Meanwhile the bloke at pump 13 is on fire because nobody told him he couldn't smoke his Mary-Jane while filling up his camper van.

S
Old 05-14-2015, 07:17 AM

Her derp derp, me no know how petrol today.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jsh
Originally Posted by NicoS' timestamp='1431597430' post='23612466
Lol sorry I didn't realise that changing a car battery just required some common sense. I guess I'm in need of a little more of it.
A little bit more than common sense . Just follow Rich's guide and be prepared to clean or even de-rust (Ku-Rust is your friend here )the carrier when you've got the old battery out
Oi! why drag me into this!!! Just remember to put the pump nozzle back before driving away. (there's someone on here that didn't) But I'm not telling who she is.

P.S. I have a small boy in the boot for duties like filling with petrol and cleaning the windscreen when required.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by jsh' timestamp='1431598496' post='23612482
[quote name='NicoS' timestamp='1431597430' post='23612466']
A little bit more than common sense . Just follow Rich's guide and be prepared to clean or even de-rust (Ku-Rust is your friend here )the carrier when you've got the old battery out
Oi! why drag me into this!!! Just remember to put the pump nozzle back before driving away. (there's someone on here that didn't) But I'm not telling who she is.

P.S. I have a small boy in the boot for duties like filling with petrol and cleaning the windscreen when required.
[/quote]

Old 05-15-2015, 01:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by baldii
So I'm thinking about having a go myself putting fuel in. I've had a read of a few guides and watched a few videos. Does anybody have any top tips? I'm a little nervous it must be said because it's flammable, is there actually any real risk of getting set on fire.

Don't do it Bald!! Get yourself a punkha wala. Firstly, they are much more efficient at working the cars air con - and as an added bonus - weigh a lot less. But will also meet your needs by filling the car up for you with 98RON, thus avoiding all forecourt hazards.
Similar mods to what Rich is runnin'.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

You could also get a TRUNK MONKEY installed.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andy2000
I also remember driving my S away from the dealer back in 2003 when I bought it and then having to phone them up on the way home to ask how to open the fuel flap. I expect they had a good laugh about that, and fortunately I was at the end of the phone, thus sparing my embarrassment.
I remember having the same problem.......

Luckily the manual doesn't laugh back!

When I couldn't get the passenger window to go back up after cleaning the interior.........

Quick Reply: Petrol