Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

The 'why won't these fit' thread

Old 06-25-2015, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so glad it didn't take too long for the thread to get down to the normal level!

Good work!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:39 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RobAp1
I've been giving a lot our though lately to improving the aroma of the air coming from my air vents. Would Mr Tesco's Jam filled doughnuts be compatible with my vents or should i be using a longer, cream cake type of scent providing solution?

My main concern with a doughnut or cream cake based air freshener is that on a high fan setting, i may and up blowing sugar and/or cream into my eyes. In this case will a mk.3 cavalier front bumper be a close fit? Just in case I do get a face full of warm cream I'd like to know i can keep my front end looking half decent.

Not sure about Tescos but I've been running a set of Krispy Kremes for a while now with no issues with sugar ingress into the cabin. My only concern was when I pressed the Air Con button and had a short blast of frosting but this seemed to go away after a few days.

Dont forget the jam needs regular servicing to avoid swarms of wasps taking up residence in your engine bay.

HTH
Old 06-25-2015, 01:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Originally Posted by mikefifth
I will need another 2 hours before my sprinkler system is at full operating capacity.
Recharging after emptying the tanks?
Well I have just had my mid-morning tug, its getting harder and harder (pun intended) to do without being noticed at my desk.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:53 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I have a Golem in my secret compartment.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Well I have just had my mid-morning tug, its getting harder and harder (pun intended) to do without being noticed at my desk.
http://youtu.be/V3BNsttZQGQ
Old 07-09-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure how well these fit. I might just leave the air box lid off so I can get lots in. I've been careful not to use sellotape to bind them all together, but instead I'm using Micropore for better breathability.
[attachment=82086:image.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails The 'why won't these fit' thread-image.jpg  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mortlach
Not sure how well these fit. I might just leave the air box lid off so I can get lots in. I've been careful not to use sellotape to bind them all together, but instead I'm using Micropore for better breathability.
A great solution to a problem no-one ever had there, Mort. Good work!

Mods - can we make this a forum sticky?
Old 07-14-2015, 02:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only just come across this thread. (as it's a particularly dull day in the office)

I read the title and thought, why would someone start a thread about finding a pair of last year's jeans?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by kw_21
I've only just come across this thread. (as it's a particularly dull day in the office) I read the title and thought, why would someone start a thread about finding a pair of last year's jeans?
Another thinly veiled insult.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Swapped the decat over for a section of down pipe from the front of the house and it sounds epic! I'm getting the smell of cinnamon balls from the car at idle now?? Have I not fitted it correctly?
It's also throwing a sell party now on the dash lights. Should I hone Ken Block?

Quick Reply: The 'why won't these fit' thread