NES2KO Marketplace For Sale section for New England - Members Only

Polls narrow

Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

McCain made a mistake by taking public campaign funds.. whoops
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I already gave the links to show what percentage of the total tax americans in different income levels pay. Go look at Obama's tax proposal and you will see how the people who get a check back now will get a bigger check, those who pay very little will pay nothing, and those who pay only a small percentage of the federal services they receive will pay even less. The big surprise will come on April 2009 when the IRS finds there are a lot fewer people making over $250k than there were a year ago. No way will Obama find enough money to pay for all those tax breaks and redistributions plus the economic bail out package. He will have to choose between a bigger deficit, greater taxes on the ever shrinking upper income, "modification" of his tax breaks to the middle income and poverty group, or huge cuts in other spending.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 AM

Received 1,112 Likes on 990 Posts

Biden has already stated that 'if you make more than $150k/couple per year, you will pay more taxes."

From 250K/year down to 150K/per year already? Looks like my prediction is already coming true.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 AM

read my lips no new taxes

oh wait wrong bush

Bill we need taxes - we can not continue to fund three wars, bailout the banks, and rebuild the roads etc etc without tax increases

that is unless you want your grandkids paying for everything

i am fine with a small tax increase
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Oct 29 2008, 11:23 AM
Biden has already stated that 'if you make more than $150k/couple per year, you will pay more taxes."

From 250K/year down to 150K/per year already? Looks like my prediction is already coming true.
dave - who is going to pay for everything i mentioned above?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Oct 29 2008, 09:46 AM

McCain made a mistake by taking public campaign funds.. whoops
Funny thing is, Republican fund raising and spending was always a complaint of the Democrats. Now they are doing it while McCain takes the small federal dollars and walks away from influence peddlers. But the lesson is, you can't win with the small dollars. Influence peddeling FTW!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Oct 29 2008, 10:24 AM
read my lips no new taxes

oh wait wrong bush

Bill we need taxes - we can not continue to fund three wars, bailout the banks, and rebuild the roads etc etc without tax increases

that is unless you want your grandkids paying for everything

i am fine with a small tax increase
I'm glad to hear you say so. You are always telling others to support Obama for a tax break. Plus you say you want welfare.

I think all nonessential spending has to stop until we have the money to buy whatever it is we think we want. I agree that there should be tax increases to pay the current financial problems AND to reduce the debt obligation that the Govt. pays to foreign investors.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 1,112 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass,Oct 29 2008, 11:24 AM
dave - who is going to pay for everything i mentioned above?
With the rapid decline in what is considered 'wealthy' by the Dems, pretty soon everybody.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 3,548 Likes on 2,398 Posts

With respect to fundraising and McCains email.
I think the email capability is indicative of an old guy fighting a campaign with old tools.
Obama has obviously crushed him with fund raising which was done largely through internet and direct email campaigns.
His donation requests have been for 5 and 10 dollars at a time.
If you have a 150 million donors giving small amounts you will lose.
Obama has a ground game that is incredibly well organized.
Obama has kept his campaign on point and well controlled.
Embarrassing representatives have quietly been dismissed.
Contrast that to the McCain campaign which has fumbled day after day trying to find a message and now appears to be shredding itself in front of our eyes.

I found it amazing that the McCain campaign wasn't smart enough to register the mccainpalin.com domain to be a stunning lack of understanding of where the world is today.

Face it McCain is an old guy who is just out of touch.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking directly about polls.....I think the CNN Poll of Polls had Obama at 6%....but then the journalist said it was 6%.....

I think the polls are dead on....I don;t think they are tightening with any significance, and I think the media is trying to create hype....the election is going to bto be antilimatic.....and they are trying to avoin that.

*Any thought expressed here are subject to change at any time. I haven' t eaten lunch or breakffast and my brain is faultering.

Quick Reply: Polls narrow