Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

competch vs. vortech

Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted04S2k,Oct 5 2006, 05:27 PM
let me tell you guys the reason i chose the Vortech.

1. both units are reliable

2. comes with more things...afetrcooler,BOV,....etc.for about the same price.

3. more power out of the box,capable of more power if i ever wanted to go all out i had more growing room.

4. not sure about the comptech being under honda warrenty...when i was thinking about buying the charger i called Diamond Bar honda in cali and they said even if they do the install it wouldn't be under the honda warrenty...most dealers don't except warrenties for aftermarket parts..

Peace
Very good points. If and when I get there it would be about pricing.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted04S2k,Oct 5 2006, 04:27 PM
let me tell you guys the reason i chose the Vortech.

1. both units are reliable

2. comes with more things...afetrcooler,BOV,....etc.for about the same price.

3. more power out of the box,capable of more power if i ever wanted to go all out i had more growing room.

4. not sure about the comptech being under honda warrenty...when i was thinking about buying the charger i called Diamond Bar honda in cali and they said even if they do the install it wouldn't be under the honda warrenty...most dealers don't except warrenties for aftermarket parts..

Peace
I'll have to ask my buddy who did the installs out here about that. I know what you mean about how after market parts will void warranty repairs, but I have heard for the longest time about the Comptech and Jackson racing SCs and honda with warranty....Oh well..that is cool that the vortech comes with an AC. I am soo happy that I have less room to grow....less temptation

all in all, both are nice

Old 10-05-2006, 08:58 PM

good but all in all what is more reilable and has more power
Old 10-05-2006, 09:11 PM

Am I missing something here.....did you not see my post....scroll up a little....I answered both your questions.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted04S2k,Oct 5 2006, 04:27 PM

Peace
Just re read that. Did you mean they wont accept warranty for the parts or for the engine? Just the way you worded it. Anyhow if my engine fails due to the blower, I don't expect honda to do anything for me anyways
Old 10-05-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by VegaS2k,Oct 5 2006, 09:35 PM
Just re read that. Did you mean they wont accept warranty for the parts or for the engine? Just the way you worded it. Anyhow if my engine fails due to the blower, I don't expect honda to do anything for me anyways
yeah... I meant the engine....
Old 10-06-2006, 09:14 AM

It also depends on the dealership if they are mod friendly. Personally I like the Vortech better. But one plus with the Comptech is how they did the oil return line.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by dms2k,Oct 6 2006, 09:14 AM
It also depends on the dealership if they are mod friendly. Personally I like the Vortech better. But one plus with the Comptech is how they did the oil return line.
yeah doesn't the Vortech require modding because of that so you cannot go back to stock without modding the car back? I don't know anything about that SC setup.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 PM

The car can go back to stock very easily with the Vortech. You can either plug the hole in the oil pan or trade/buy another oil pan.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:26 PM

when you guys race, ill be there. dave let me know. and vegas, cmon, there are plenty of safe places for us to play.
i do agree, i wouldnt let anyone change my oil. overfill is the worst. you guys need to be on synthetic anyways. dino oil? in a blown s2k? no.
later dave

Quick Reply: competch vs. vortech