New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Anybody want to have a car club?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve you know damned well that as soon as someone posts up a meet, regardless of what it is about, it turns into someone wanting to have a group hug, trading cookies and dinner somewhere.

Like I said, I enjoy meets like those too. But it would be nice to have more down to earth car meets. The one that Ryan hosted at the dyno day last year is the only one I can remember going to that wasn't polluted with group hugs and hurt feelings.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Dec 5 2008, 10:05 AM
set it up george!! what is stopping you or anyone else
At the same time, what is wrong with discussing stuff offline or somewhere else and then posting our intentions here?

Are we contractually bound to use this site for all our event planning?

And for the record, I think our current CO's have done a great job. This is not a CO issue IMO.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Dec 5 2008, 11:12 AM
Steve you know damned well that as soon as someone posts up a meet, regardless of what it is about, it turns into someone wanting to have a group hug, trading cookies and dinner somewhere.

Like I said, I enjoy meets like those too. But it would be nice to have more down to earth car meets. The one that Ryan hosted at the dyno day last year is the only one I can remember going to that wasn't polluted with group hugs and hurt feelings.
can't forget our Honda-Tech / Honda Day meet in danbury CT that the CT/Mass crew rolled to in June

oh and the Del Val last minute slay the midnightdragon meet

then there was the headlight clearing day!!

then I personally went to 5-6 car shows with s2ki/nes2ko members.

fire the CO's? hey i even made an attempt to meet the other CO in NH by giving him my $$

i had fun
Old 12-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by PsychoBen,Dec 5 2008, 10:38 AM
PM sent.

Maybe we could have a sub forum for car stuff/meet?
Good post.

I also side with Bill as far as the need of having more (hardcore car related events). However, maybe the way to go about achieving it needs more thought.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Dec 5 2008, 10:12 AM

set one up Jeff!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:28 AM

must everything be debated?! Bill wants to set up a car focused group. So be it!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:45 AM

Received 2,851 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Dec 5 2008, 10:12 AM

I like those meets, (the social ones with cookies) and as a NON CO, I've organized plenty of meets, and we've fed plenty of people at our home too. Rick has spent plenty of time mapping out drive routes (I think those are "real" car meets). I've spent a ton of time organizing gatherings that were well attended. Just because we weren't hosting a tech day doesn't mean it was not a car meet. You say you're not dissing the social meets, but in a way you are. They don't seem to qualify as "real meets" to some of you. I think those meets are an important aspect of this group. For a while, those types of meets (planned by me and others) were just about the ONLY meets being planned! Getting to know the people you "meet" here is important.

Again, I think it all comes back to IF YOU WANT CAR RELATED MEETS, PLAN ONE, don't wait for the other guy to do it, and don't expect the CO to plan every gathering. It really isn't in the job description. BTW, I agree that our COs are doing fine. They don't need to be fired.

Threads go off topic all the time, who cares?

Do we need all the drama and crap and that we've had around here lately? No we don't, and I'm tired of it too.

This thread will likely be yet another contest.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Dec 5 2008, 11:14 AM
And for the record, I think our current CO's have done a great job. This is not a CO issue IMO.
I second on that!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

My question is what events or car specific events can not be planned here? or you don't want planned here? What would warrant email or private planning of said events.

Who are the negative people that don't want car events.

I will pick on the CO's here because I can and I am sure they know I am not looking to have heads rolling, but when I see a thread about let's go somewhere else because we aren't getting what we need here, then I say the CO's and the community need to put their thinking caps on and make this a place that people want to be part of. Kill the OT chats if that is what is needed. Kill the whiners to.

I would like the real truth as to why there is a need to plan car only events elsewhere, I dunno, I guess at the end of the day people will do what they feel is right.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like those meets, and as a NON CO, I've organized plenty of meets, and we've fed plenty of people at our home too. Rick has spent plenty of time mapping out drive routes (I think those are "real" car meets). I've spent a ton of time organizing gatherings that were well attended. Just because we weren't hosting a tech day doesn't mean it was not a car meet. You say you're not dissing the social meets, but in a way you are. They don't see to qualify as "real meets" to some of you. I think those meets are an important aspect of this group. For a while, those types of meets (planned by me and others) were just about the ONLY meets being planned! Getting to know the people you "meet" here is important.

I agree those are great meets too and really do appreciate you and Rick for organizing them and spending your own dime to feed us. But I think Bill is suggesting to add to this type of meets, not replace them.

Again, I think it all comes back to IF YOU WANT CAR RELATED MEETS, PLAN ONE, don't wait for the other guy to do it, and don't expect the CO to plan every gathering. It really isn't in the job description. BTW, I agree that our COs are doing fine. They don't need to be fired.

But that's exactly what Bill is trying to do, but w/o the drama and off-topic stuff that is on display in this thread.

Threads go off topic all the time, who cares?

I think at times it gets out of hand. I think others have voiced their displeasure in the past as well. And then there are those that don't like it but just keep it to themselves. It's not a bad idea to have a small area free of that.

Do we need all the drama and crap and that we've had around here lately? No we don't, and I'm tired of it too.

This thread will likely be yet another contest.

It only goes to validate Bill's idea.

Quick Reply: Anybody want to have a car club?