New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Does this forum have a CO or a Mod?

Old 11-01-2016, 06:36 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts
Default Does this forum have a CO or a Mod?

Just curious, not looking for a job, but does this forum actually have a CO listed somewhere? If so, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of one. The "sticky" section needs a real clean up. Threads with little to no activity or activities/events that no longer happen occupy space. There have been no planned meets/events. Some folks have tossed out invitations to join them here or there for this or that which is fine. The Cars and Coffee with the Porsche crowd gathers some interest and the invitation is appreciated, Dean and his car pals are most welcoming to the S2000 crowd. We went to a few of them in the past. Some things now happen through FB and that's OK too. However, if there is someone actually named as a Community Organizer of this forum, it's time to step aside for some new blood. This forum is essentially dead. There is no one "growing the community" . Not sure that can/will happen at this point in time; many have moved on, both from the car and the forum. We hosted many meets/drives in the past, but our lives have changed too. We still hang out with folks we met here ten years ago. We've formed some great friendships. It would be great If someone wants to give a try at getting things going here, car folks are fun folks with a lot in common, regardless of age. If someone wants to give it a try, they should be given the opportunity.

Just my .02.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,593 Likes on 1,907 Posts

RedSunS2K Is the current CO, but he's not logged on since July.

If they aren't interested in continuing we can always start the process to replace them.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Just curious, not looking for a job, but does this forum actually have a CO listed somewhere? If so, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of one. The "sticky" section needs a real clean up. Threads with little to no activity or activities/events that no longer happen occupy space. There have been no planned meets/events. Some folks have tossed out invitations to join them here or there for this or that which is fine. The Cars and Coffee with the Porsche crowd gathers some interest and the invitation is appreciated, Dean and his car pals are most welcoming to the S2000 crowd. We went to a few of them in the past. Some things now happen through FB and that's OK too. However, if there is someone actually named as a Community Organizer of this forum, it's time to step aside for some new blood. This forum is essentially dead. There is no one "growing the community" . Not sure that can/will happen at this point in time; many have moved on, both from the car and the forum. We hosted many meets/drives in the past, but our lives have changed too. We still hang out with folks we met here ten years ago. We've formed some great friendships. It would be great If someone wants to give a try at getting things going here, car folks are fun folks with a lot in common, regardless of age. If someone wants to give it a try, they should be given the opportunity.

Just my .02.
I think all fair points
At the very least I think to maybe spark some interest here we could start a calendar of non s2000 specific car events and get a few s2000s out to those. I'm usually 1 of 1 s2000s at most of the general car meets I go to so hey maybe that works.

As for a community organizer, I think their job is really reliant on the activity of the community.
Coming from Southern Ontario, there's a lot of demand and want for meets and drives which then just requires the CO's to organize and set times for.
Much harder to generate enthusiasm when there's minimal motivation in the first place.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

My vote goes to Lainey.
When is the next Nor'Easter Meet ???
Old 11-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Emil, I will say she did an excellent job while she held down that position and is missed. However I understand her preference to step aside. This forum just needs someone to keep it tidy and up to date, it seems to "police" itself fairly well.
Levi
Old 11-04-2016, 06:28 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Yup, this used to be a fantastic community. Glenn built it from the ground up. He was a tireless cheerleader and organizer for New England. Then it got burnt. Now it's nothing. If you don't know the history, you don't know what it takes to build it back up. I come here once a month or less and see all the same old threads. I feel badly about it. Good luck to whoever tries to take it over.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider

RedSunS2K Is the current CO, but he's not logged on since July.

If they aren't interested in continuing we can always start the process to replace them.
I'll PM him.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:16 AM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

Like the sound of one hand clapping, Graveyards tend not to be too rowdy.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:12 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
My vote goes to Lainey.
When is the next Nor'Easter Meet ???
Nope, not interested, but thanks.
Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Emil, I will say she did an excellent job while she held down that position and is missed. However I understand her preference to step aside. This forum just needs someone to keep it tidy and up to date, it seems to "police" itself fairly well.
Levi
I was never a CO here, but over in Vintage. If someone is really interested in being a CO they should speak up, but they should be interested in more than a title. A CO's job can be easy, until someone rocks the boat and doesn't play nice. Hopefully, we would not run into that again here.
Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Yup, this used to be a fantastic community. Glenn built it from the ground up. He was a tireless cheerleader and organizer for New England. Then it got burnt. Now it's nothing. If you don't know the history, you don't know what it takes to build it back up. I come here once a month or less and see all the same old threads. I feel badly about it. Good luck to whoever tries to take it over.
Me too Bill. We have met such great people due to this forum. Our social life was a blur of activity with car meets and related events back in the day. Maybe what we had doesn't interest the younger crowd, but it would be nice to see some folks with a common interest bring this forum alive a bit.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:21 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I was never a CO here, but over in Vintage.
Well, you should have been, Sometimes my mind gets confused.
Levi

Quick Reply: Does this forum have a CO or a Mod?