New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

A little help for some travellers from UK

Old 03-04-2008, 09:31 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Phase k, here is a link to Mass Camp grounds. Trailer parks may be something different though.

http://www.bootsnall.com/camping/North-Ame...sachusetts.html
Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

20 post and were still on topic its the uk effect, good luck with your campah trip and yes you can sit at a walmart actually they will let you sit there for 3 days before they ask you to move.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SHUG - Thanks for that, I have found it to be about 50-50 so far so we should be ok.

Triple H - Finger lakes look amazing, we would be driving the Syracuse - Rochester road to head to Toronto so I think we will definitely set some time aside to visit these. Thanks for the photo tasters!

Thanks also for the links, I have bookmarked them for later use. We will definitely check out the wine link!

Bill - We will be travelling from Boston to Toronto from the 10th April, so I will keep my eye on the meets section to see if there is anything local.

Crisis - Letchworth state park looks well worth a look in, thanks for the recommendation & links. I think we may just head West from Boston and not head too far into Massachusetts.

Lainey - I guessed Walmart wouldn't have any hook ups or facilities, but could come in very handy if a campsite can't be found (or if we want a REALLY cheap night!)

The Cave of winds tour looks I hope it comes with a raincoat included

3 days in a Walmart car park - I'm not sure I could handle that

Cheers again everyone - maybe see you all soon!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

A little more help, maybe.

Here's link to a "chain" of campgrounds. 1000 trails

I don't know a lot about them, but my sister stayed in one of their camp grounds and I visited her. It was a nice place. They may have some restrictions on how often you can stay at their locations if you aren't a member, but as far as I know, you could certainly use them once, if not twice during your trip.

The web site will help you find if there are any locations in the areas you visit.

Happy trails!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phase_k,Mar 5 2008, 10:51 AM
Triple H - Finger lakes look amazing, we would be driving the Syracuse - Rochester road to head to Toronto so I think we will definitely set some time aside to visit these. Thanks for the photo tasters!

Thanks also for the links, I have bookmarked them for later use. We will definitely check out the wine link!
My pleasure!

I'm the CO over in the Upstate NY Forum. When you guys get into the area let me know. I'm always looking for a good reason to come out and meet new people, maybe we can meet up someplace and have dinner together, and who knows, if you get down into the finger lakes region I'm sure several of the other S guys would love to come out, just so we can run circles around your RV.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Here's a question that I need answering before we travel to the states:

Does anyone know if you can buy "Mefloquine" over the counter in Pharmacies in the USA and if so how much they are?

The reason I ask is that this is the Maleria prevention medicine we have been advised to buy for later in our trip and someone told me it was a lot cheaper in the States, but I don't want to risk not buying it here and then not being able to get any there!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Just checked with my friendly pharmacist. That is a prescription drug in the US. Can't buy it over the counter.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 AM

Cheers Lainey, I found the same on the CVS website. I think we'll just have to buy it here and take it with us.