New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Lost one of my Cousins this week in Afganastan :(

Old 07-10-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost one of my Cousins this week in Afganastan :(

Some have called this week and know I was not in the best of moods or all there . I apologize

I lost one of my Cousins this week . He was one of the younger ones that followed in the foot steps of another that were Both Marine Snipers .

If you are local you most likely saw him on the news WMUR 9

I just wanted to leave something for him and to let him know I am thankful for his service and proud of him and what he has accomplished. I have not seen him in many years and wish now I got to see him and his family as they live in NC . Last time I saw him was in FL over his fathers house in North Fort Myers . I hung out more with his brother as he is my age and we grew up down the street from each other .There mother lived next door to me in Raymond/ Candia NH . For some that know the area of Langford Rd. There used to be a store called Roy's which was our uncles (Edmond Roy), next to the store and still there was a horse farm . Which is where Michael grew up and belong to his dad before moving to FL .I remember going to the farm and grabbing a cutting horse to take to the gym when I was younger . The Gym was owned by a friend and the had horses too . It was pretty cool . Down the street from that was Roy St. All named after my family . My Grandmother is the oldest out of 15 Roy kids . Mikes dad was the second oldest . I still have one uncle living on that road . Yes I have a big family and we are all very close . He grew up a hard life while a very loving family there were alot of issues with drinking and such around . I am glad he rose above all that and became his own man and did not follow in the footsteps of his brother .

I remember Mike when he was just a little turd . He was fearless like most of us and covered head to toe in dirt from the farm from playing . We were a destructive group when we were little . Last thing I remember was him poking a alligator while in a little plastic boat in his dads fish ponds in FL . Me and his brother were out hunting wild pigs in the home made dune buggy with .308s and Ar30's in the dark . Talk about scary when they tell you , you need to watch out for rattlers and banana spiders while making sure you don't get charged by a pig

Last time I seen him had to be since he joined the Marines . He then followed in the foot steps of one of my closer cousins that is also a Marine Sniper . I talked to Jim yesterday and he was telling me there stories .

I wish I got to spend more time with him in his older years . At age 25 He left behind two beautiful children of his own and one adopted and a wife . You will be missed Buddy I thank you for you courage and believing in whats right , For being a great dad to your little ones . I thank you for fighting for our freedom and the freedom of others across the world . You will not be forgotten
Old 07-10-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Scott.

Michael sounded like a great guy. I too share your thanks for him and all
of those who serve our country to guarantee the way of life that many take
for granted. May he rest in peace and may your time of grieving be short
lived knowing that he was a good man and father.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:00 PM

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts and prayes are with you and your family.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 PM

So sorry for your and your family's loss.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss, Scott.

Rick and I send our condolences to you and your extended family.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Scott, sorry to hear about your cousin. Please send my condolences and thanks for his dedicated service to the family. It is apparent that losing this family member has affected you. I hope you are doing ok. If you want to chat about it you have my phone number. God bless you and your cousin. just remember in the end god has a plan for each of us whether we agree with that plan or not.

Zip
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Scott as the others have already saidsorry for your loss.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 PM

My condolences from Afghanistan...
Old 07-10-2009, 07:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your lost. My friend is going there next month 82nd Airborne. My friend told me it's the terrorist strong
Old 07-11-2009, 04:19 AM

Thanks everyone much appreciated..

I cant be upset as he was doing what he loved . And he seemed to be loved by many .. just sad for his children and wife .

I got more of the story this morning and I guess they had no time to react . from what the report says . He heard something and as soon as he turn to look he was sniped in the face , All while wearing full body armor . He was the turret gunner on a Humvee while they were on the move to there next location. As Sargent I guess he had the choice of staying safely in the Humvee and ordering others to run the turret . But nope , he is the go getter that needs to be in the action and gave the position to himself .

They already flew him in yesterday. We are not sure when the funeral is . There were 6 other soldiers with him at the time that are to get flown home for the funeral. He was the only casualty .

From the FL paper

"Roy was a graduate of Academy High School in Fort Myers, partaking in its accelerated program that allowed him to graduate in 2001 at the age of 17. Three months later, he enlisted with the full support of his father.

Initially trained as a rifleman, Roy was promoted to sergeant in October 2005. The Department of Defense lists numerous decorations, including a Navy Achievement Medal, a Combat Action Ribbon, a Navy Unit Commendation, three Navy Meritorious Unit Commendations, two Good Conduct Medals, the National Defense Service Medal, the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, a Humanitarian Service Medal, four Sea Service Deployment Ribbons and a NATO Medal-ISAF Afghanistan."

Quick Reply: Lost one of my Cousins this week in Afganastan :(