New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Need Help: Decent Bodyshops in Boston?

Old 12-13-2000, 05:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Accident: On Sunday after church, I drove my S thru a street where cars were double-parked on both sides for ~100 feet....they barely left enough room for traffic to get through.
Then some #^$^$& lady decided to open her car door (on the street side), without looking, just as I came up and EEEAAAIIIKKKK....

Aftermath: Not pretty.

Need Help: I recently "broke up" w/ the bodyshop that I had been going to for years and many repairs. (Took them 1 month to fix something that should've been done in 3 days, long story)
Now I need look for a new reputable bodyshop in the Boston area that do not overcharge. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Btw, the lady offered to pay the damage as opposed to going thru the insurance.
Old 12-13-2000, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Glad you are OK! Accidents are happening a lot these days. Well, I will be taking my baby in for the paint damage of the Plywood Incident (yes, I haven't had my car re-painted yet. I wanted to drive the car as long as I could.) to a body shop in Belmont, MA. I don't know if this is convenient for you. But you can e-mail me or PM me if you want more information. I trust the guys in Belmont to do an excellent job in matching the paint. Take care!
Old 12-13-2000, 07:00 AM

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Sorry about your incident,

I think this may be a second posting.

I have had good experiences at 2 shops

Village Collision in Brookline.

They are owned by the folks from Honda Village in Newton and Volvo Village in Brighton. I just picked up my Volvo after a bumper replacement. Paint was fine and Don was easy to work with.

Insurance paid so I do not how they are on price.

Watson Auto Body in Natick.

They have repaired a few of my Hondas when I lived in Millis. They did a lot of work for Bernardi (the big volume dealer in the Metrowest). I believe they would work with you on price.
Old 12-13-2000, 07:31 AM

Glen,
Belmont is a little out of the way w/ no public transportation (I assume), but thanks for your help.
I understand your procrastination (a very legitimate one I might add) but I think snow is coming again in couple days so this would be a good time to make your car pretty again. Good luck to both of us.

Clutch, thanks for the info....I'll give the Brookline one a try.
Old 12-13-2000, 07:42 AM

I have another recommandation, D&B Auto Body in Worcester, they fixed two of my cars before, look brand new after fix... My ITR will be in there sometime early next year for a repaint job...
Old 12-13-2000, 08:03 AM

g,

Are taking your car to Dick's Autobody in Belmont? I am planning to take my car there to have some scratches fixed.

koejing
Old 12-13-2000, 12:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by koejing:
[B]g,

Are taking your car to Dick's Autobody in Belmont?
Old 12-13-2000, 01:08 PM

g,

I got the scratches in June when a POS pickup in front of me dropped a whole bunch of tree branches all over 495S. Needless to say I hit one of the branches and it scratched my left front fender/hood/headlight area and left 2 small indentations in the LF quarter panel. I managed to lift most of the scratches using 3M swirl remover & Zaino but there are still two spots where the scratches are too deep for me to remove. The left headlight housing is also pretty scratched up (maybe time to replace them with LHD Euro Clear Assemblies).
Dick's autobody is a little out of my way, but I am willing to travel to have good work done. Since my car is in winter storage, I won't be having the work done until this spring, which works out nicely as Dick's has a 3-4 month waiting list.

koejing
Old 12-13-2000, 02:38 PM

Invisible Touch, Inc. is very professional. It's located on Hammond St. in Brookline. I have brought my CLK there twice in the first six months I've owned it. Once to have it repainted because someone keyed it, and then to replace my driver side door and the trunk because someone put a hole in those trying to steal it. Both times the car came out looking brand new. My cousin brought her M3 there twice because of a collision and another attempted theft. They do charge a bit but the quality of the work is excellent, that's why there are about 40 cars there all the time, ranging from ferraris, porsches, benzes, and bimmers.
Old 12-13-2000, 03:58 PM

I won't be having the work done until this spring, which works out nicely as Dick's has a 3-4 month waiting list [quote]

I don't think I have the heart to let my baby suffer that long, so I guess I'll try others.

JiggaTaOG,
Although the lady (who drove a Corolla)offered to pay for the damage, I don't want to take her to the "cleaners."
But I'll call them to get an estimate on cost and schedule availability.
Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: Need Help: Decent Bodyshops in Boston?