New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Proof that apple users are lemmings....

Old 08-29-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im just to see what jeff will come up with for his response when he gets off work, should be real
Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtpassat,Aug 29 2008, 01:02 PM
i just find it humorous on how everyone knocks the iPhone but yet all the new phones that come out are trying to copy it.
Blackberry was out before the iPhone... My 8800 was out with Google Maps and a true GPS unit, and an SD card playing MP3s and movies.

Yeah, lots of other manufacturers copy the iPhone, but who doesn't copy the industry leader, especially when it's a cult gadget?

The real issue I have is that Apple basically tells people what they want to buy, and how to use it, and people just fall for it.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 AM

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,427 Posts

hey apple isn't always right, just look at the Irack
Old 08-29-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Julius, of course other companies copy it. They want some of the lemmings to burn some of their money with them instead. Simple business. Didn't you just earn an economics degree?

I have never said that the phone is not cool, functional and/or useful. What I have said and stand by, is that people treat it like it's a cult icon that they identify themselves with and that they are overpriced compared to what else is available in that segment. heck, dave thinks because he bought 3 mp3 players that look like an iphone that he is in some special club for christ's sake
Old 08-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Aug 29 2008, 02:35 PM
dave thinks because he bought 3 mp3 players that look like an iphone that he is in some special club for christ's sake
You mean I aint

Jeff since Im not in a special club kin i join yer special club?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Aug 29 2008, 03:21 PM
You mean I aint

Jeff since Im not in a special club kin i join yer special club?

NO.

It's an elite club. If I start letting folks in it won't be elite any more
Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Aug 29 2008, 05:25 PM
NO.

It's an elite club. If I start letting folks in it won't be elite any more
Ya but its no fun bein alone.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Sure it is. No one's BS to deal with and you call all your own shots!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Aug 29 2008, 01:35 PM
Julius, of course other companies copy it. They want some of the lemmings to burn some of their money with them instead. Simple business. Didn't you just earn an economics degree?

I have never said that the phone is not cool, functional and/or useful. What I have said and stand by, is that people treat it like it's a cult icon that they identify themselves with and that they are overpriced compared to what else is available in that segment. heck, dave thinks because he bought 3 mp3 players that look like an iphone that he is in some special club for christ's sake
yes it does come down to simple economics - supply and demand. Apple is providing a product that is far superior than what is available in the market. The genius behind Apple's strategy is the fact that their products are sooo easy to use that even these "lemmings" or "fanboi's" can use them.

It's the same kind of thinking that is making the Wii so popular amongts the masses. Nintendo and Apple realized that they can sell more technology related products if they market to the non-technology oriented people.

Which in turn pisses technology oriented people because "hey man, you should have to have a degree in computer science in order to get the internet on your phone" or "you have to know how to press x, y and right trigger in order to pull off a frag"

So yes, because because the appeal of the iPhone surpasses that of the techies, you will get the douchebags, fanboi's and lemmings. but really, regardless of what the product is, these people still exist. But when it comes down to it, don't hate on Apple for making a superior product.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 PM

I will say this is an interesting debate, I for one although technically proficient with computers and other gadgetry agree with JT's argument.

It is refreshing to be able to use a device that requires no hacking, or other tweaks other than installing apps from the apple store a very simple task at that, right out of the box and have it do it with relative simplicity and excellent reliability most of the mundane task we all do day to day. Email, internet and self entertainment.

Apple has come upon a winner with this particular product and yes the lemmings and non-technology crowd along with a fair share of the techie crowd has embraced it.

Cant argue with success.

Now as aforementioned apple's choice of carrier for data services is another discussion all together but remember ATT paid a hefty sum for those rights.

Quick Reply: Proof that apple users are lemmings....