S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New England S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-england-s2000-owners-9/)
-   -   S2000 tuned with e-Manage Ultimate (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-england-s2000-owners-9/s2000-tuned-e-manage-ultimate-405306/)

gilbertg 04-10-2009 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cubs2k,Apr 10 2009, 07:08 AM
His dyno is attached to the rear wheels....so I imagine that these are Wheel HP figures.....

These are indeed wheel hp values but they do not include inertia losses. It is much more accurate for tuning of cars. The way that it works is the dyno holds the car at a specific rpm for a period of time, waiting for the power output to settle. It then takes a reading and moves on to the next rpm. This is the same approach that is done on engine dynamometers but in this case we are attached to the wheel hubs and not the flywheel.

So, the losses in this case are the transmission and drivetrain only.

Roller dynos lose a lot of power to inertia, that's why changing wheels, a different gear, or even your flywheel will effect your power output on a roller dyno. With my setup it won't.

ShocK 04-13-2009 08:06 PM

Not all roller dynos are created equal, load types specifically. Software accounts for gears, temps, humidity etc. etc. But lighter wheels and flywheels do make power, they dont make more engine hp they just make it possible to transfer more to the wheels by removing mass. What most people don't know is that there are a lot of factors that go into the calculation, ramp rate can have some effect. Correction factor also, the dyno I have been using for the past few years has a mode called "shootout mode" which is basically a dynojet number. So we can put someones S2k on the dyno and calibrate it as close to 1.0 correction factor as possible then put mine on and put the dyno in shootout mode with a higher number ramp rate and change the correction factor to 1.5 and I can make 60 more whp even if both cars are stock. Its too easy really. Like someone else mentioned, its the delta not the end result.

Enlightened 04-16-2009 01:52 AM

Giles,

Are you selling the "black" kit yet? Can you give pricing and more details possibly?

Thanks!

Erik

gilbertg 04-16-2009 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Enlightened,Apr 16 2009, 04:52 AM
Giles,

Are you selling the "black" kit yet? Can you give pricing and more details possibly?

Thanks!

Erik

Really close. I have one test to perform today and then the website will be updated this weekend with all the information. I'll post a link as soon as it's done...

McHeizer 04-16-2009 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by gilbertg,Apr 16 2009, 01:57 PM
Really close. I have one test to perform today and then ...

on mine? :woot2:

Enlightened 04-16-2009 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by gilbertg,Apr 16 2009, 04:57 AM
Really close. I have one test to perform today and then the website will be updated this weekend with all the information. I'll post a link as soon as it's done...

Giles,

Excellent! So many questions, but I have only one for now. I plan on running a 70mm Berk high flow cat (with their header) instead of test pipe, and was wondering if I can still use the "test pipe" setting with this new kit as to lower the VTEC.

I spoke with Scott and will also be sending you my LC-1 controller for modification, as I recently bought it new with the gauge.

Let me know!

Erik

gilbertg 04-16-2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Enlightened,Apr 16 2009, 01:16 PM
Excellent! So many questions, but I have only one for now. I plan on running a 70mm Berk high flow cat (with their header) instead of test pipe, and was wondering if I can still use the "test pipe" setting with this new kit as to lower the VTEC.

This high flow cat flows almost as well as a test pipe. The lower VTEC point will be just fine.

gilbertg 04-19-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by gilbertg,Apr 16 2009, 07:57 AM

Available now: www.holyrollerdyno.com

:D

McHeizer 04-19-2009 11:40 PM

:thumbup:

gilbertg 04-24-2009 07:27 AM

For those folks who have questions related to the Chrome and Black kits please post them in this linked thread on the Ballistic board:

http://ballisticmotorsports.org/forums/YaB...?num=1240586739