New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Spring Updates

Old 04-10-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Spring Updates

Ok it’s snowing today but it’s still Spring I think? So has anyone else started tinkering with the S?
Old 04-10-2018, 08:30 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

I got my 02 out of storage last week on the one dry sunny day we had - roads were nearly salt free. Drove it home to my garage. Next day? Snow and salt everywhere. I have not had it out since.

I am planning to pull the front bumper cover and install some ap2 headlights and new bulbs. Also need to bolt on some "new to me" wheels and tires that are waiting patiently after re-finishing to be put to use. Its been so darn cold I can't seem to get going. Wish I had heat in the garage.

Its going to be a while here before we can get out on dry and reliably salt free roads. Need some rain, and some higher temps, to wash it all away. Ugh.

My 03 is still in storage with the seller in Maine. Can't seem to get a good weather forecast on a weekend so I can get over there and drive it home. Very frustrating. When I do have that car in my garage, I am going to drive it for a couple of weeks, change all the fluids, detail it, and put it back in storage. That car is going to sit in storage until I retire in a few years and sell my 02 (maybe). I'll drive it a few hundred miles a year, that's it.

Last edited by rpg51; 04-10-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I put some brand new oem sunvisors in my S
yesterday and also had to go to honda and get a new battery while i was there i ordered a new negative battery cable with new bolts for both negative and positive terminal and picked up a few new bolts to clean things up under the hood and ordered a couple new moldings
Old 04-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

So far I've got a few things planned before the dragon trip.
Bought some center caps for my wheels. Swapping out my pole position for an oem seat. Going to upgrade the stereo system, do a full fluid flush, add in a test pipe, maybe buy an EMS and get the thing tuned.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Changed my oil last week and also swapped my MF10’s to TE37’s for this season. I Might remove my K&N intake and install my OEM intake back. Just trying to find a buyer for the K&N first before removing it. If anyone is interested on the K&N intake let me know. It has about 2000-3000 miles on it. Taking best offer.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:38 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Nothing S2000, but my friend Eric sent a spare engine for my MGA to replace the spare engine that I lent him last year and which, of course, blew up. Slightly illegal, but when two guys blow up three engines between them in one season, the scrutinizers will just have to look the other way.

First race weekend is in 3 weeks, so I need to get busy installing.

I may need to use an old rusty valve cover and hang this one on the wall

Old 04-11-2018, 04:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good morning all, looks like everyone is off to a great start? Love the rims RPG51 , as always Dwayne it’s the details that count , Kryptonite seat for sale ? Mr Clean you always have nice things for sale , and talk about a nice valve cover. I like very much Blueosprey90
Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Oneloveknk
Good morning all, looks like everyone is off to a great start? Love the rims RPG51 , as always Dwayne it's the details that count , Kryptonite seat for sale ? Mr Clean you always have nice things for sale , and talk about a nice valve cover. I like very much Blueosprey90
Yeah, I need to go back to oem. Long road trips in a bucket seat don't bode well for my back.

I'll have a recaro pole position (black) and a bride Stradia (black with red stitching) for sale, both in pretty great condition and have rails.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:13 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a clunk coming form the right rear corner when I hit bumps or other road irregularities. It doesn't happen all the time. First i went through the trunk and even pulled out the spare, but i still had the clunk. I crawled under it but I could not find a bad bushing or bearing. I do see a bit of weeping coming from the shock. But it does not look so bad that I would hear a clunk. Might have to take a ride to the dealer.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:28 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Nothing S2000, but my friend Eric sent a spare engine for my MGA to replace the spare engine that I lent him last year and which, of course, blew up. Slightly illegal, but when two guys blow up three engines between them in one season, the scrutinizers will just have to look the other way.

First race weekend is in 3 weeks, so I need to get busy installing.

Hmm. Looks like you relieved the block for valve clearance which means you either installed a wild cam, or decked the head (maybe using the 1622 head??) so much that you cut out all the clearance. Or a combination of both? How does it run?

Quick Reply: Spring Updates