New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

What dealer to trust with the new TSB 00-054 clutch replacement

Old 12-07-2001, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What dealer to trust with the new TSB 00-054 clutch replacement

Hopefully you've all seen this TSB 00-054

Now, we tried to get Herb Chambers to fix it with the original TSB 54 and they said the noise was "normal for this type of car". With this new release I'd rather not even bother with Herb because I'm not impressed with the service dept at all. Where will you guys go, and has anyone investigated it yet? I'm thinking Bernardi in Natick.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

pm g-s2k
Old 12-07-2001, 08:55 AM

I had all of my TSB work done at Bernardi's and am very happy with the service I received there. I had the clutch and tranny work done there over a year ago and it has been perfect ever since. They also replaced my rear window and did the seat belt recall. Not a rattle in the car. The service manager is a great guy and the tech who worked on my car is top notch.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by honda_s2k
I had all of my TSB work done at Bernardi's and am very happy with the service I received there. I had the clutch and tranny work done there over a year ago and it has been perfect ever since. They also replaced my rear window and did the seat belt recall. Not a rattle in the car. The service manager is a great guy and the tech who worked on my car is top notch.
This is good to hear. Finally a Honda dealer in the Boston area we can bring our cars to without having to worry too much.
Old 12-07-2001, 10:40 AM

Bernardi's Honda in Natick.

I just had the TSB-54 done there and will be going back to have the TSB-55 done. At the same time they replaced my headlights. All work was done in 1-1/2 days. Very quick service, and very very good service. If I had to think of a complaint about them, it would be the long timeframe it would take to get an appointment to bring in your car. It is about less than a month wait. But it is worth it. Their techs know about the car well, and the Service Manager and Parts Manager are both great guys. Plus it doesn't hurt that the parts manager is also a S2k owner.

I may be biased on Bernardi's as they are the only dealership that has worked on my car, but if you did a search on New England Dealerships, you will find a lot of great comments on Bernardi's and a few negative comments about other dealerships. Bernardi's may not be my first choice to by a S2k from, but their service and parts departments are top notch.

Even Demonderrick came all the way from RI to get work done on his car... but then again that may be a bad example...
Old 12-07-2001, 12:32 PM

Plus, I have done my fender re-paint in Bernardi.. well, seems they have done a good job..!! so, if you have paint job to do with your S, they might also be a good choice..!!
Old 12-07-2001, 01:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by g-s2k
[B]Bernardi's Honda in Natick.

Their techs know about the car well, and the Service Manager and Parts Manager are both great guys.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:43 PM

I'll wait till one of you has exactly the same TSB done, then get the name of the tech a couple of weeks later if there are no problems.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:53 PM

Francis,

If you want the tech's name, I will get it for you. I had mine done in 10/99 and it's fine.

Also, the first car he did was the Parts Manager's and we are both still doing fine after over a year of driving.

John
Old 12-07-2001, 03:01 PM

I also want proof that this TSB actually fixes it once and for all and that it won't come back like the previous fixes.

Quick Reply: What dealer to trust with the new TSB 00-054 clutch replacement