New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

What do people recomend for brake pads & rotors?

Old 05-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm happy to hear the OP is at least considering steel braided lines, the car is 15 years old.

Science of Speed, StopTech, should all be around $100.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Installed braided lines after 14 years and cut into them to see how they faired on the inside. THEY WERE FINE!!! So unless you see it visibly cracking badly you will be fine with stock bake lines.

Autozone duralast hu? Interesting. AP1 pads are disco'ed FYI. They were better than AP2 which dust more. For the price might be something for me to think about eventually.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with OEM Pads and Rotors. Car alwasys brake great and very low dust.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
Installed braided lines after 14 years and cut into them to see how they faired on the inside. THEY WERE FINE!!! So unless you see it visibly cracking badly you will be fine with stock bake lines.

Autozone duralast hu? Interesting. AP1 pads are disco'ed FYI. They were better than AP2 which dust more. For the price might be something for me to think about eventually.
The stock brakes that have failed and cost the drivers their lives failed at the crimp, not the hose itself.

Mike
Old 05-05-2015, 05:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by daktruckie99
Originally Posted by Pinky' timestamp='1430708667' post='23600330

The stock brakes that have failed and cost the drivers their lives failed at the crimp, not the hose itself.

Mike
Thanks for the clarification........glad I changed mine to Goodrich SS lines back in '13.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:39 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

I'd go all OEM or OEM rotors with Akebono ceramic pads if brake dust is a concern. Make sure to totally bleed your brake fluid. I used Red Line's brake fluid in Lotus and it was well priced. Actually, if you going through the pains, might as well install SpeeedBleeders while you at it.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I'd go all OEM or OEM rotors with Akebono ceramic pads if brake dust is a concern. Make sure to totally bleed your brake fluid. I used Red Line's brake fluid in Lotus and it was well priced. Actually, if you going through the pains, might as well install SpeeedBleeders while you at it.
Actually, Speed Bleeders are the first thing I ordered, and they've already arrived. I ordered Goodridge stainless lines, too.

I just ordered Centric rotors with the black "e-coating" on the rotor hat and outer edge - the rust on the non-wear surface tends to annoy me with every car I had, so that's the only reason I don't want to go with OEM. I did get Akebono pads for lower dust - I never get to clean the wheels as often as I ought to.

I haven't yet gotten fluid, so we'll see. Plan is to do the job this Friday. Hopefully nothing's rusted in place too badly....

Thanks everyone for the input!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 AM

Motul RBF600 is pretty cheap and a nice upgrade, or Castrol SRF is great too but more money.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:09 AM
IMP

I use both Duralast blanks and Duralast CMAX pads here too. Have had zero issues, plenty of grip, low dust, and QUIET.

--kC
Old 05-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

I usually recommend Hawk HP series for performance driving, Stoptech Street Performance for light spirited daily driving, or oem replacements if you really want to avoid dust. Rotor wise, Stoptech makes a great product. The blanks are perfect for daily driving.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...i-1798792.aspx

Quick Reply: What do people recomend for brake pads & rotors?