New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

what do you do

Old 07-11-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you do

This morning on my way to work driving in left lane I am about to pass a sedan (can't think of what it was) from the right as the person driving is not keeping up with the traffic ahead. After switching lanes I approach the vehicle and couldn't believe my eyes....this woman is driving and eating fresh cut fruit from one of those portable plastic containers with a fork??? Are people that stupid???
I realize that most of us drink coffee, or other beverages while driving...but eating with a fork is just plain stupid....wonder what would have happened to her and the fork if she got to be in an accident?
I've seen some messed up cars with blown out airbags and lipstick all over them in the past but this is just dumb.

sorry...needed to vent.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

meeeh, thats nuttin. The ones that make me look are the ones eating fruit, putting on the lipstick, tweezing the eyebrows and talking on the cell phone all at the same time.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:02 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I look through CDs, make cell calls, drink water and coffee, eat cheese burgers, read directions, and give other drivers the finger.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 AM

Received 2,890 Likes on 1,678 Posts

That's pretty sad.....

True story: A coworker of my sister's was once stopped allegedly for "eating while driving." Now, I don't know if some young cop was out to prove himself, or if there really is a law on the books about paying proper attention to the road. If there is, not sure how cell phone use factors in there.

Jeff?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 AM

I've passed a couple of different cars before where the driver was holding a book on the face of the steering wheel, reading it while driving...
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 AM

I once tried to shell and eat peanuts while driving. That wasn't the best decision I've made.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My best one ever was a woman in the far left lane doing about 60mph.
SHE WAS FOLDING LAUNDRY...
She would pull out an article of clothing from the passenger's seat, drape it over the steering wheel to help her fold it. Once folded she would reach around and put it in a laundry basket on the back seat. I was so mesmorized by this stupidity, I had to slow down and watch for a minute before I passed her and went on with my day.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:19 AM

ive seen a lady driving a range rover one time down the highway with a magazine spread wide open on the steering wheel! she had her hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel while holding it open... REDICULOUS!! i just drove by gave a toot on the horn and pointed to my head like "what are you thinking"!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 3,653 Likes on 2,469 Posts

Originally Posted by gladwins,Jul 11 2008, 09:03 AM
I've passed a couple of different cars before where the driver was holding a book on the face of the steering wheel, reading it while driving...
yup I think the books are the worse.
there is not fricking way that you are watching the road.

these people probably cause more accidents.
they set speed control to speed limit -3 and sit in center lane of 495, which means traffic has to flow out around them which causes a back up.
and you know you just never have a paintball gun in hte car when you really need it.

the group that amuse me are the musicians.
they practice while the drive and use their knees to steer.
I've seen drummers flutes and clarinets.
maybe they can't afford a radio...
Old 07-11-2008, 06:50 AM

I've seen many of the same. One of the craziest was on a curvy part of route 20 between Westfileld and West Springfield where the road follows the course of a river. There are four lanes of undivided road with a speed limit of 40 but real world speeds of 50. Woman is driving(?) holding her cell phone to her right ear with her right arm. Her left arm is hanging completely out the window!

Quick Reply: what do you do