New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Albuquerque Folks

Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Albuquerque Folks

Hi,

NSXer here. Didn't seem to find anybody on the nsx forum from Albuquerque, so thought I would try my luck here. Hope yall dont mind the post.

Anyways, I currently live in Ft. Worth and have the opportunity to make a move to Albuquerque in the next few months, probably sometime in January if I go. I have never been there before but will be going next week to check it out a little bit.

I'm a single guy so no family moving or anything, but wanted to get some first hand thoughts on the town itself. From what I have been able to gather on the net so far appears kind of mixed review. I know for me the bad right off the bat is higher cost of living and State Income Tax which I am not to thrilled about, but how is the city itself.

Do most of you that live there like it, or is it somewhere you would like to get out of. If I make the move I will definetly make the most of it, but if the town itself isnt a good place to live, that compounded with moving and not knowing anybody there wouldn't lend itself to much fun.

Thanks for the help!

Charlie
Old 11-08-2006, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie

Welcome to the NM forum, a NSX'er is welcome! I'm sorry that I cant be of much help concerning Albuquerque as I live in southern NM but I get up there every now and then, and always seemed to have a good time when i have been there. We have some members here that can be of better help, otbs2k (Brandon) works in real estate and would be of some help in identifying parts of the cities neighborhoods and such. The Alb. group has had a couple of meets with some NSX guys.

welcome again,
Luis
Old 11-08-2006, 11:16 PM

First off, nice car man. Damn sexy. As far as cost of living goes, I would think that Ft. Worth is worse than Albuquerque. We have some of the lowest cost of living in the nation. Aside from that, *insert shameless realtor plug* cost really determines where in the city you want to live. There are definitely nicer parts of the city than others, but it's seriously based upon price and convenience. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss what you're looking for in an area and what not and I'll give you some good ideas.

-Brandon
Old 11-09-2006, 07:14 AM

Welcome! your welcome to post here anytime! and as far is living goes there doing a lot things now to improve the city alot or re-modeling and putting up new attractions and stores! Westside of albuquerque right now is on the move and growing fast. i love it here and love the weather you cant beat it! you should come on down!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM

welcome odenspike! i'll tell you this much: albuquerque is a lot better than alamogordo...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:05 PM

Hey guys,

thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to see some people around there. I thought there were a few guys on the nsx forum from Alb. but haven't had any response to my post still. If I make the move, yall will just have to let me tag along!

Glad to see nobody atleast hates it there! I have moved around a lot over the last several years and its always some what intimidating moving somewhere new that you dont know much about. Nice to know also they are trying to improve things.

Brandon, I will definetly get with you on the low down and maybe we can do some business as well. I will be out there next Wed late and leaving out on Friday morning, won't have much opportunity to explore. Will be out there with somebody from our corporate office to check out the lay of the land and hopefully can get a feel for what things look like and can get with you on what I will be looking for.

It's good to know if it is reasonable cost of living, I know we have it cheap here in Ft. Worth, it just seemed like comparable houses where probably atleast 30-40k more there then here.

Thanks for yall's help. Will keep yall updated and if I do make the move, will look forward to catching up with yall sometime.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:48 PM

I have been everywhere, and I mean everywhere (military) and this isn't even my home state. But after getting out of the military, this is the place I wanted to live (for the most part). We are a great bunch always comedy and always down to help out. This city is really easy going ( I am from Oakland and LA) and very easy to learn. The people here are pretty much decent for a bigger city. Much nicer then some other places I have been. Houses are very cheap and there is plenty of work. Cops aren't to much of a pain in the ass here. I really think you will like it here, I know I was very suprised how much I did. Well there is my .02 cents. I hope you move out here and come chill with us every weekend.

Ronnie
Old 11-09-2006, 04:51 PM

BTW you have one of the nicest NSX's I have seen in a while.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:00 PM

Ronnie, thanks for the info. Good to know somebody else that has moved around a lot likes it also. Thanks for the compliments on the.

I will be headed out there tomorrow evening for a look see and then will start negotiating with my company after that.

Will let yall what happens.

Thanks again for everybody's insight.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 AM

no problem let us know how that goes!

Quick Reply: Albuquerque Folks