New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Some news

Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven628,Oct 21 2010, 03:18 PM
In the best interest of the community, lets see what the two new guys that want to become CO's have to offer.

Just remember, anyone can organize a meet. Nmrado organizes a lot of autoX events. J-Rod wants to do a westside meet. These are good things. I know not everyone can come to each meet. I know I can't make meets lately, I am all out of excuses on that one. When the stars align more I will be at the one's I can.

Lets see who becomes the next CO and support them the best we can when they organize a meet.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Raven628,Oct 21 2010, 02:18 PM]In the best interest of the community, lets see what the two new guys that want to become CO's have to offer.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I nominate myself uhhhh wait... let me get that plan to move back first ok'd with the wife and then we are talking!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:37 AM

I think if there is another person that has the energy to help Doug with the responsibility, it will make it that much easier to motivate members to get excited about meets and will help if/when there is the next turnover in position.

I'm not putting anyone down, just stating the facts-
When Brandon started as our first CO he had lots of energy to organize meets, but as years pass, and life/car changes meant less time for s2ki so he realized that someone else should be CO.

Jerry was the most logical choice because he was at every meet, had the energy, and could naturally bring lots of people together for meets. But after years and life/car changes Jerry lost some momentum/energy. Doug realized that he could help since he was excited about the group and had the energy.

How long before Doug may have life/car changes? It happens. I know because I've had my S for 6 years and I have considered selling/trading it more than once.

I think that the more CO's the better, as long as they are willing to work as a team, truely interested in the position to help other owners learn about and discuss the s2000, and not just interested in a free membership.

Yes, anyone can suggest a meet, but the CO is more than just a title...It's a leader with the drive to keep the love of the s2k alive and strong. If you're a LEADER and have lots of time and energy to correspond with BOTH the New Mexico community the larger international community, then I say 2 or 3 CO's would be great!

My .02
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem is that we had to convince a few people of higher power to let us have 2 CO's. Since we are almost the smallest community I doubt we can get 3. I don't know for sure though.

On a side note to follow rick's statement.
Obviously it takes a lot of dedication and not everybody is going to own the car forever. Even some of the adminstratots don't have a s2000, but what I am doing bow to help the club, meet new people and to have fun wits still be done even if I didn't have a "title". For over a year I did quite a bit for the club and set up just about every meet and them decided to step up because as stated before, people change. Personally, I havmt seen anybody else do anything that would "resemble" a CO. I'm thinking we should keep the spot empty untill somebody shows themselves as wanting more for us as a hole.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 AM

One of the things I feel would bring the community a bit closer, and I am sure it has been tried before, is having a weekly meet.

When I was in Tampa FL, we use to have a weekly Moe's meet. It moved around to different Moe's in the Tampa area. We found a lot of new members that way and it was fun meeting new S owners and seeing even the one's that moved on to different cars. It brought the community closer as a whole. Orlando has a weekly meet that alos moves through out Orlando to different locations. I made the trip out there a couple of times when they were a bit closer to Tampa.

I know with different schedules attendance will be hard to maintain. If a date can be arranged, say Thursday as an example, a good location or different locations through out the ABQ area, and those that want to attend know well enough in advance that I feel we would have a great turnout and others S owners will show up.

Another great idea would be a tech day. Now I would be willing to host one at my house, my biggest problem though would be sponsoring everyone on base. Everyone would have to show up at the Wyoming gate at the same time to make sponsoring easier. A good thing about a tech day is fluid changes, caliper painting, valve adjustments, adding new parts, ICE instalations, and if there are some serious do it your self jobs there is a hobby shop on base that I can help you access and has lifts to do those harder jobs. You just have to pay for the lift, which is cheap. I was one of those who knew how to change just my oil and plugs.
From those tech days and friends that I met in Tampa I have learned how to build a motor, install a turbo kit, ICE install's, and here in ABQ body work and paining my car.

I know with winter showing up, a lot of these meets may not happen till spring, but lets see how many would be down for some of the ideas mentioned above.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 AM

tech days are a great idea, today im ajusting xtina's and my valves. i think ronnie is coming over to finish up the vents on his hood as well. i am also going to bbq for those that want to come. so far doug, xtina, phil,and ronnie are coming. its short notice but if anyone wants to come hang out and watch how to do this and eat you're more than welcome.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 PM

change of plan, to many people sick and not feeling well myself. will have to do it a different weekend.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:19 PM

I just woke up, so yeah we have to do it another weekend.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Raven628,Oct 23 2010, 05:50 AM
One of the things I feel would bring the community a bit closer, and I am sure it has been tried before, is having a weekly meet...

Another great idea would be a tech day...
Jeff,

First, I apologize for my previous post. I did not intend for it to come out like a "flame" with the bolded text and all.

You have some great ideas here. Regarding a weekly meet - RSW usually meets Thursday evenings at the Dions on Paseo. Perhaps we could take some baby steps and see how many folks are interested in doing this before we break out on our own (?)

Jason has had a couple of tech days at his place. If you want to have one on base, I could perhaps help you out with signing people in - that is if my blue card still allows me to do this.

Some other ideas that have been proposed in the past:

1. Day run down to the Owl Cafe in San Antonio (NM), with a drive to the ruins. I was hoping we could have had people from Roswell, Holloman AFB, Las Cruces, EP meet us there. Unfortunately, the Owl Cafe is closed on Sundays and not much interest was expressed for doing this on a Saturday.

2. Day run to Jemez Springs, with lunch at Los Ojos. We did this and only had four cars show up.

3. Christmas lights at the Bio Park. Doug proposed this several times, and when it happened, only three cars made it.

4. The Fall Tour which we just had. This was first proposed a couple of months ago by Doug. Again, only a handful (four) cars showed up.

Of course there have been other ideas and suggestions: Sushi nights, chicken wings, track days, etc. Some made it and others did'nt.

To sum it up, there have been an abundance of proposals for get-togethers. What has been lacking is the execution of many of these proposals. Any ideas on how we can change this?

Quick Reply: Some news