New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

[STOLEN] 2001 Spa Yellow AP1 in Somerset County, NJ

Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it really sucks.
Years ago I had a first gen. RX7 that was stolen
from my apartment and found a week later on the street in Newark.
Stripped of course.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

As the car gets cheaper with being high mileage and/or rebuilt titles, it gets in the hands of people who unfortunately steal. Not talking about everyone but a good amount. Not being able to afford parts to rebuild their cars or modify, they turn to stealing and we are being targeted so we have to get smarter. Our cars aren't on the street like your average car so when they see one, they plot it out. I learned my lesson after being. A victim twice. Only a garage is what will make you sleep goood at night.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:06 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jlozano180
It really sucks, I can't stand it. The S2K is my first honda and these stories is why I never own honda's before.

You can't leave them anywhere, anyone who knows me here knows I'm paranoid. My s2k ant my daily and I dont take that shit no where. No dinners, no movies, I dont go to the supermarket in the car.
OP- Im really sorry to hear about your car. 2 weeks?!? That's tough, man. I really hope you get it back and soon.

jlozano- im super paranoid as well. sometimes when i go for a ride upstate with the wifey in the car, i'll park it outside while we catch a bite to eat...and even if its parked where i can see it from the window, im STILL paranoid and inhale my food just to get back outside. it sucks. i park my car in my garage and park my civic behind it to make it even harder for any potential thieves....but i still look out of the window before going to bed to make sure the civic is still in the same spot.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Tim-
OP- Im really sorry to hear about your car. 2 weeks?!? That's tough, man. I really hope you get it back and soon.

jlozano- im super paranoid as well. sometimes when i go for a ride upstate with the wifey in the car, i'll park it outside while we catch a bite to eat...and even if its parked where i can see it from the window, im STILL paranoid and inhale my food just to get back outside. it sucks. i park my car in my garage and park my civic behind it to make it even harder for any potential thieves....but i still look out of the window before going to bed to make sure the civic is still in the same spot.
I hear ya.. this really has scarred me. I want another s2000 one day, but the more I think about it the more paranoid I get.. I'll get a good security system on it.. I'll pay for a subscription service that alerts me when it leaves a certain distance from where it was parked without my authorization, I'll have a garage, a hard top, a dog. and a car in front of the garage.. but it just sucks that no matter where I go, if I go to the mall.. or a restaurant.. or the beach.. or a hotel.. I'll never be able to drive the car and truly enjoy it without the stress. It really has tarnished my perspective on cars as a whole as well as humanity. At this point I really don't know how to feel.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 AM

Car was found recovered in Piscataway NJ (about 25-30 minutes from where I live) Apparently the area that it was found in Piscataway is a VERY bad area. My friend has a contact in the Piscataway PD and he said he frequently has to go to that area for drugs, murder, etc. The vehicle was recovered on the corner of Victoria Avenue & Haight Avenue.

From what the police recovery report states, an officer was in the area locating another stolen 05 Silver Honda (did not find out if it was an S2000 or not) which had lojack. Upon looking for that car, they also find my 01 AP1 over there. Motor, tranny, interior, cluster, seats, console, red H badges, carbon fiber trunklid spoiler. stolen. Body panels are in tact as well as headlights, taillights, AP1 wheels, AP1 lip, but trunk is fcked up as well as some pretty rough scuffs on the rear bumper.

They cut 2 slits in the softtop it looks like, both on passenger and driver side (why would they need to do that?) Either way, here are some pics.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:19 AM

10% of me wants to buy the car back from insurance, borrow a garage from a good friend (& throw him some money for helping me out), rebuild the car for strictly track use (I've never tracked a car before - but that was my original intentions for buying this car until I realized what a gem I had found - clean title, low mileage for the year, EXCELLENT condition, the whole car really.. I'd rate the body at a 9.8/10 for the year, barely any rock chips..no rust no dings no scratches. It was IMMACULATE)

But I'm probably in way over my head by saying that, which is why 90% of me says to just let go & forget about this and use the money to buy another one one day when I have a garage and more money to actually do things like this. I have comprehensive on my Geico policy and I'm awaiting to hear what the settlement will be on the car. I'm really nervous this whole past week because I have a feeling that being an 01, they are going to try and give me crap money for the car. Full disclosure I paid about $10k cash for the car.

I was really looking forward to meeting & hanging out with the s2ki community to say the least. I know S-Factor from back in high school where his nephew and his son were building 8th gen Si's, his silver/black two tone s2000, and a STI show car in his driveway/garage. The s2ki community always had a nice ring to it, and there were plenty coming by to get work done on their cars. I'm absolutely heartbroken to have all this excitement, happiness, disappointment, and disbelief in the matter of a month. I've been looking for a s2k for the past year and a half and finally found one at the right time in life where I could afford one comfortably.

Last edited by rawsushiii; 07-13-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

defintely too much work to buy it back and rebuild it.
Get your compensation money, and buy a s2k when you have a garage you can park it safely.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

When my S got totaled I held onto my rented garage space for about 4 or 5 months before I got another S
Old 07-13-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

God damn. What a shitty ending. Im sorry dude. Definitely get yourself another one. As long as its not your daily and you can park it in your garage, you'll be good.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wait, they didn't take the lip? What a bunch of tools and definitely s2000 owners. Now I will get nervous even meeting new s2000 guys.

Quick Reply: [STOLEN] 2001 Spa Yellow AP1 in Somerset County, NJ