New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

~~ 2012 Track Time with PCA Clubs ~~

Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~~ 2012 Track Time with PCA Clubs ~~

Hey guys,

I figured instead of creating a new thread for each track event through-out a season I will have all info consolidated in one.

As some of you know, myself and several other members have been doing track events almost exclusively with PCA over last several seasons. Specifically with RTR, NNJR an Schattenbaum regions. They are great clubs to do events with!! Very reasonably priced and very non-Porsche friendly. You will get plenty of track time with some great instruction! And also you will get a chance to get a ride in one of their fine automobiles!

Below are the complete schedules for those 3 regions I mentioned:

Great All-track events calendar:
http://www.mytrackschedule.com/Calendar.asp

1. Riesentöter Region of PCA 2012 Schedule

2. Schattenbaum Region of PCA 2012 Schedule

3. Northern NJ Region of PCA 2012 Schedule

Mandatory Pre-Track Tech Info:

Essentially every PCA Region requires passing pre-track tech inspection prior to event and bringing filled out form to the event. Here are the links to their forms and safety info:
1. RTR-PCA Safety Form, Pre-track safety info
2. NNJR-PCA Safety Form, Pre-track safety info
3. Schattenbaum-PCA Safety Form, Pre-track safety info
  • Generally you can use ANY approved inspection site for any region's event. They cross-honor tech-stamps between the regions. I personally go to Eurotire and get my form stamped with NNJR stamps for any events I go.
  • Also any ASE certified mechanic can do tech-inspection going down the list in the safety form. But you will need have his certification# on the safety form along with copy of his certification. Only for the first event and first time if you will be using the same person in the future for tech. You can just indicate his name and his certification# in the future.
  • You can also go to a place that concentrates on honda's like a local tuning shop. just need to bring a receipt.

Roll-bar requirement:
You can use stock roll-over protection if you pass a broomstick test. Otherwise aftermarket roll-bar (like Hard-dog which most of us have) OR hardtop are required.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 AM

Featured upcoming event(s)with several of S2K ppl already registered)
  • NJMP Lightning with RTR PCA, Fri-Sat-Sun, June 8-10.
    Make sure to register early- this event especially in Green/Blue run groups will fill up fast!
    June, 8 is advanced day for solo drivers only. Make sure they will let you run without instructor prior to registering.
    All three days - $500
    Sat-Sun - $400

Register HERE
    Taste the track program (Sat., June 9) (similar to what some of Metro guys did with NASA) - $50. You will get classroom session introduction, get a chance to drive your car on the track, and get a ride with an instructor. GREAT way to get introduced to the track a and get a ride in the nice Porsche
    More info and register HERE
  • NJMP Thunderbolt with NNJR PCA, Fri-Sat, June 15-16.
    Green/Yellow/Blue groups already show "sold-out" status but STILL register. There is a good chance to get in once more instructors register!
    2 days - $350 (green/yellow/blue), $300 solo-drivers (white/black)
    Register HERE
Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be at the June NJMP and July Watkins Glen RTR events, and maybe a late summer event too.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM

I haven't registered yet, but I was planning on doing the NNJ PCA event at Thunderbolt June 15-16. $350 for PCA members.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...FFC339DDDDD96F
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM

Was about to add it to the list of featured events. Won't be able to make it myself though... NNJR and RTR PCA also don't make a price difference for PCA vs. non-PCA members.

Originally Posted by Chugs

I haven't registered yet, but I was planning on doing the NNJ PCA event at Thunderbolt June 15-16. $350 for PCA members.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...FFC339DDDDD96F
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM

YESSSS Already signed up for june 9th-10th

stoked!

Looking to get a brake duct kit/ new rotors and pads before I go.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 PM

I've already registered for the 6/15-16 event with NNJR w/ the white run group w/ another S. Still pending confirmation though. 2 of my other friends are wait-listed but if we all get in, that'd be 3 S2K's and a 911 turbo added to the roster. I'm a huge fan of Schattenbaum as well, very laid back group. PCA MetroNY is a little more strict with tech check but my first event with them went well also.

I'm also confirmed for the WGI event with PCA Potomac region, 6/22-24 3-day event.

PCA
Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 AM

Shattenbaum just opened up registration for three of their summer events.

I just signed up for June 22 @ Lightning.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....4809864C99456B

They also have July 19 @ Thunderbolt and August 3/4 @ Summit Point.