New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

2014 S2K Spring Bear Mountain Drive

Old 05-04-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that Madjoker. I'm always nervous leaving my car unattended.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Madjoker69
I WAS HOPING TO JOIN FOR MY FIRST CRUISE BUT :WOKE UP THIS MORNING may,4th 2014 at 5am to find my top was slashed open and seats stolen out of my car! Cant have anything nice in this world. People are such scumbags. 2002 s2k black stock seats in garfield, nj if anyone knows something please let me know... I've been dying to do a cruise with fellow s2k owners hoping I can have it taken cared of with my insurance this week... :'(
Really sorry to hear about this, I hope you can get it all squared away so you can make the drive
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Community Organizer

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Yesterday I did a dry run of the route for our drive to make sure all the roads were ok and there are no closers.

The waterfall that we went to last year is open, but I want to make you all aware that they had a sign posted saying you had to pay 15 bucks to get in. When we went around 11am, we didn't pay. There was no one at the front. I have been to this waterfall about 7 times on different days and times and I have not paid to get in. We should be fine, but I want to make you all aware of this.

Our drive will end at the following location:
Brothers BBQ
2402 Route 32, Cornwall, NY 12518

There Menu
http://www.thebrothersbarbecue.com/o...u/0/Menus.aspx

Everyone will get printed directions of the route and the addresses of the locations we will be stopping at.

Please make sure your on time the day of the drive

Again, this is NOT a race. This is a scenic drive through some great roads through Bear Mountain.

For those of you from CT and Westchester who are not meeting us in the Bronx, but want to meet us at the 2nd location in Westchester, please PM me.

An FRS radio will make life a lot easier for everyone, so if you don't have one, I recommend you pick one up.

If there are any questions, please let me know
Old 05-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlozano180
Originally Posted by Madjoker69' timestamp='1399241845' post='23143708
I WAS HOPING TO JOIN FOR MY FIRST CRUISE BUT :WOKE UP THIS MORNING may,4th 2014 at 5am to find my top was slashed open and seats stolen out of my car! Cant have anything nice in this world. People are such scumbags. 2002 s2k black stock seats in garfield, nj if anyone knows something please let me know... I've been dying to do a cruise with fellow s2k owners hoping I can have it taken cared of with my insurance this week... :'(
Really sorry to hear about this, I hope you can get it all squared away so you can make the drive
Thank you for the support fellas really appreciate it, it means a lot being apart of the S2k family. The insurance company took the car so now I'm waiting. I really hope to make the drive also the pictures look badass..
Old 05-05-2014, 10:13 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Yesterday I did a dry run of the route for our drive to make sure all the roads were ok and there are no closers.

The waterfall that we went to last year is open, but I want to make you all aware that they had a sign posted saying you had to pay 15 bucks to get in. When we went around 11am, we didn't pay. There was no one at the front. I have been to this waterfall about 7 times on different days and times and I have not paid to get in. We should be fine, but I want to make you all aware of this.

Our drive will end at the following location:
Brothers BBQ
2402 Route 32, Cornwall, NY 12518

There Menu
http://www.thebrothersbarbecue.com/o...u/0/Menus.aspx

Everyone will get printed directions of the route and the addresses of the locations we will be stopping at.

Please make sure your on time the day of the drive

Again, this is NOT a race. This is a scenic drive through some great roads through Bear Mountain.

For those of you from CT and Westchester who are not meeting us in the Bronx, but want to meet us at the 2nd location in Westchester, please PM me.

An FRS radio will make life a lot easier for everyone, so if you don't have one, I recommend you pick one up.

If there are any questions, please let me know
Where do I get an FRS radio ?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Bricktop ivi
I never been to a meet before. Please forgive me, i'm a newbie. Is this a race?
Again, this is not a race, just a nice cruise through some mountain roads.
Originally Posted by EVLS2K
Its NOT A RACE , its a drive where S2000 owners get together

Originally Posted by SkiLLeDS2000
Originally Posted by Bricktop ivi' timestamp='1399223567' post='23143419
It a scenic drive through Bear Mt. I will have my pregnant wife with me. I hope everyone drives carefully and make sure they do not harm themselves or someone else. Also make sure your tires are not bald and your fluids are clear and fresh.
Someone didn't read all the way through this thread. Everyone should read the thread through before they commit or ask questions.
THIS IS NOT A RACE.
I've been on this drive every time except once. There have never been any incidents on this drive. It is well organized and led by several committed individuals who have carefully thought out the route and the meetup spots. Although there will be spots where we can "open up" we will be traveling most of the drive at what I call a gentlemanly sporting pace . We will travel in a single or double file most of the route and passing or getting out of line is discouraged and is mostly allowed for people taking pictures. There will be no cutting off or not allowing people to get back in line.
This IS currently the best drive of the NY METRO club. So don't miss out. It's an excellent first drive for newbs and a great way to spend a day with your girls (The S and your woman) .
Here's my stamp of approval for this year.
Hope I can make it.
Happy Motoring Everyone!!
-Langelo DeMysterioso
Old 05-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Madjoker69
Where do I get an FRS radio ?
They are available at places like Best Buy and Radio Shack. They start at around 40 bucks for a set. manufactured by Motorola, Uniden,Cobra, Midland etc

Choosing an FRS radio
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso

It a scenic drive through Bear Mt. I will have my pregnant wife with me. I hope everyone drives carefully and make sure they do not harm themselves or someone else. Also make sure your tires are not bald and your fluids are clear and fresh.
Someone didn't read all the way through this thread. Everyone should read the thread through before they commit or ask questions.
THIS IS NOT A RACE.
I've been on this drive every time except once. There have never been any incidents on this drive. It is well organized and led by several committed individuals who have carefully thought out the route and the meetup spots. Although there will be spots where we can "open up" we will be traveling most of the drive at what I call a gentlemanly sporting pace . We will travel in a single or double file most of the route and passing or getting out of line is discouraged and is mostly allowed for people taking pictures. There will be no cutting off or not allowing people to get back in line.
This IS currently the best drive of the NY METRO club. So don't miss out. It's an excellent first drive for newbs and a great way to spend a day with your girls (The S and your woman) .
Hope I can make it.
-Langelo DeMysterioso
Awesome post brotha, I'm praying to god I can get my top fixed and seats back In time for the drive, def would like to meet up with other s2k owners and talk. I'm a newb aswell lol
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso

THIS IS NOT A RACE.
Hope I can make it.
-Langelo DeMysterioso
Thank you for the kind words. I spend a lot of time trying to make sure everyone has a great time and stays safe. I have other members who continue to help make this drive possible.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 AM

It a scenic drive through Bear Mt. I will have my pregnant wife with me. I hope everyone drives carefully and make sure they do not harm themselves or someone else.

Also make sure your tires are not bald and your fluids are clear and fresh.
Your wife and unborn child will be safe.

May as well thank the main crew now. I know a lot of thought and experience goes into this drive.
It's gonna be awesome as usual. Probably even better with the amount of cars going this year.
Thanks jlozano180, rosario717, and mndthegap. You guys rock.

Quick Reply: 2014 S2K Spring Bear Mountain Drive