New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anybody Know of a Good Hand Car Wash?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Know of a Good Hand Car Wash?

Looking for a good hand car wash in longisland , sometimes its hard for me to wash the car on my own due to work hrs. The only one i have heard of is on sunrise hgwy in valleystream but does anyone know of any other good ones? Cant take the vette thru a reg. car wash . Thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Texas car wash on LB road in Island Park has a DIY handwash.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 AM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a semi hand wash, meaning your car goes on the track with about 10-15 people inside the car wash that hand washes it for you. No brushes. Then After it comes outside there's one guy that finishes your car. It maybe far from you. It's located next to a Mavis on rt.25 (Jericho Trpk) Right before it splits off to Rt. 454. I don't know which town though.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 AM

yeah i dont think my vette can fit on the rails in the wash due to the large rear tires. the texas wash is only 5 minutes from me , but you only get like 3 minutes to wash your car and i dont wanna use that brush they have , puts to many scratches on the car. so that would be a waste but maybe ill bring my own supplies and give it a try if i have time.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by doughNuts,Jun 28 2008, 12:37 PM
Looking for a good hand car wash in longisland , sometimes its hard for me to wash the car on my own due to work hrs. The only one i have heard of is on sunrise hgwy in valleystream but does anyone know of any other good ones? Cant take the vette thru a reg. car wash . Thanks
Atlantic Ave and Lawson Blvd across the street from the PC Richards in Oceanside. It's the only one in the area I would trust. But if hours are rough and the clearance of your car is an issue, Cypher is right on the money.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by F1-Fanatic,Jun 28 2008, 11:55 AM
Atlantic Ave and Lawson Blvd across the street from the PC Richards in Oceanside. It's the only one in the area I would trust. But if hours are rough and the clearance of your car is an issue, Cypher is right on the money.
I think the clearance may be a lil issue , im lowered a lil bit on the stock suspension , not much but my rear tires are wide , not sure if it would fit on the tracks , or even clear being lowered. , maybe ill try it out lol
Old 06-28-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by doughNuts,Jun 28 2008, 03:12 PM
I think the clearance may be a lil issue , im lowered a lil bit on the stock suspension , not much but my rear tires are wide , not sure if it would fit on the tracks , or even clear being lowered. , maybe ill try it out lol
I will take the drive with you from LB if you want.. I need to get my car cleaned anyway. Besides, I have seen a Porsche GT3 there... Those tires are wide!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

east meadow... theres a car wash right on hempstead tpke... right near the chysler/dodge dealership... they do an awsome hand car wash... i used to go there all the way from valley stream just to get a decent car wash in the winter when im lazy... but best car hand car wash i recommend other than that... is the DIY car wash in your driveway
Old 06-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by NFRS2K83,Jun 28 2008, 03:19 PM
best car hand car wash i recommend other than that... is the DIY car wash in your driveway
But the employee is lazy...
Old 06-28-2008, 02:37 PM

I offer just hand wash's, and you can add on if you want anything else done at the same time. Although I'm located more east then long beach.

And no, I'm not a car wash, I detail car's but I have many clients who refuse to goto a car wash and rather just pay to have it washed by hand by someone.

I also do more then just a hand wash and dry. I mean I will do it if that's all you want but I always suggest (upon seeing the car) it may need some clay and then wax etc...

Just food for thought.

Quick Reply: Anybody Know of a Good Hand Car Wash?